Annapurna circuit trekking is one of the best trekking routes in Nepal. It is the trek within the mountain ranges of central Nepal. During the Annapurna circuit trek, we can find the beautiful scenery of different mountains such as Annapurna Massif, Dhaulagiri, Machhapuchhre, Manaslu, Tilicho peak, etc. the path reaches its highest point at Thorung La Pass (5416/17769 ft), touching the edge of the Tibetan plateau. The seventh-highest peak in the world Manaslu, the tenth highest Annapurna I and the world highest lake in the world Tilicho lake can be seen while trekking in the Annapurna circuit. The trek passes along with beautiful villages. We can also find the culture varies among the village’s people. This region is the home of Hindu culture and tradition at the lowland foothills to the Tibetan culture of Manang valley and lower Mustang. The lifestyle of the people is Simple but quite different from each other ethnics group Hindu and Tibetan. Agriculture and animal husbandry is the main occupation of the people living in this region.
During this trek, we are very sure that you will always have the most spectacular views of the different Himalayas, ethics groups of people, the varied nature of flora and fauna, and many more. Green forests, rocky mountains, sights of the highest peaks, sheep and Himalayan goats grazing in pastures, and herds of Chauri Gai add to the beauty of trekking to Manang. So the Annapurna circuit trek will go to be the best trekking among the others.
Trekking Destination: Annapurna Circuit Trekking
Group Size: Min. 2 & Max
Minimum altitude: 830m
Maximum altitude: 5410m
Grade: Moderate and Fairly Strenuous
Season: Spring & Autumn
Accommodation: Hotel and Lodge
- Day 01:Arrive in Kathmandu
- Day 02:Kathmandu to Chamche (1410 m)
- Day 03:chamche to pisang(3300 m).
- Day 04:Pisang to Manang(3500 m).
- Day 05:Acclimatization day in Manang
- Day 06:Manang to Khangsar(3756 m).
- Day 07:Khangsar- Tilicho lake(4119 m) - Khangsar
- Day 08:Khangsar to Yak Kharka(4110 m).
- Day 09: Yak Kharka to Thorong phedi(4600m).
- Day 10:Thorang phedi to Muktinath(3800 m).
- Day 11:Muktinath to Marpha(2670 m).
- Day 12:Marpha to Tatopani(1800 m).
- Day 13:Tatopani to Ghorepani(2850 m)
- Day 14:Ghorepani to Tikhedhunga(1570 m).
- Day 15:Tikhedhunga to pokhara
- Day 16:Pokhara to kathmandu
- Day 17:UNO Travels and Adventures drop in International Airport for Home Country
- Day 1Arrive in Kathmandu Our team will pick you up from the Airport and transfer you to the hotels. The rest of the time you can either take a rest or walk near the Thamel Market.
- Day 2Kathmandu to Chamche (1410 m) Early morning, after having breakfast we will drive to the Chamche which takes 7 hrs to reach Chamche. Overnight in Chamche
- Day 3chamche to pisang(3300 m).After having your breakfast, Drive to Pisang from Chamche and overnight in Pisang.
- Day 4Pisang to Manang(3500 m).(Pisang to Manang: 6 - 7 hrs )The panoramic views of the mountain peaks, such as Annapurna, Pisang peak, and several others will definitely allure us. We experience a contrast with the landscape and vegetation from today. On the way, the cold and dry climate creates a much harsher environment. Our short visit to Barge monastery, the largest in the entire district of Manang will be memorable. Overnight at Manang.
- Day 5Acclimatization day in ManangManang: Rest today is the scheduled acclimatization day. The upcoming next two days will be very challenging and tiring trekking for us with a rapid gain in altitude. We should never be confident with the altitude and always be cautious. Bhojo Gompa or Gangapurna Lake is worth visiting sites from an acclimatization point of view. Further, we pay an easy excursion a little distance away to a village called Varga, upon which we will be at a village's monastery. At this site, we also visit the Himalayan Rescue Association where we can get some ideas about Mountain Sickness. Overnight at Manang.
- Day 6Manang to Khangsar(3756 m).After having breakfast, trek to Khangser from Manang. the distance between the Manang to the hangar is 10.9 km. after 2 hrs of walking from Manang, you will see the beautiful village of Khangsar.
- Day 7Khangsar- Tilicho lake(4119 m) - KhangsarAfter having your breakfast, trek to Tilicho lake where you will feel the breathtaking moment by seeing the world's highest lake in the world. and trek back to Khangsar and overnight in Khangsar.
- Day 8Khangsar to Yak Kharka(4110 m).Trek to Yak kharka from khangsar. Enjoy the beautiful view of the mountains seen from Yak Kharka. Overnight in Yak Kharka.
- Day 9 Yak Kharka to Thorong phedi(4600m).Yak Kharka to Thorong Phedi [4,600m/15,092ft]: 3 - 4 hrs We make our way to the foot of the pass, Throng Phedi today. Thorong Phedi is a small busy settlement catering to the needs of tired trekkers and climbers. Trekkers like us use this point as a base camp. Some visitors also attempt a hike to the High Camp today so that the next day can be easier for them. But, the Nepal platform trekking team leader does not advise this. Although we will have a tough day tomorrow, we stop at Thorong Phedi so that we can sleep soundly rather than a risky sleep at a higher altitude at High Camp. Overnight at Thorong Phedi.
- Day 10Thorang phedi to Muktinath(3800 m).Thorong Phedi to Thorong La (5416m/17764ft) to Muktinath [3,800/12,467ft]: 8-11 hrs. We reach the climax of our Annapurna circle trek today. It will be a lifetime unforgettable experience- crossing the famous high pass, Thorong La (5416m/17764ft). An early start is important to complete the mission. Each moment we have to work hard today through the icy high-altitude trail. But the outstanding high Himalayan scenes are such tempting that our eyes love to watch more over the horizon than on our trail. Upon setting the sun we will be at Muktinath. Muktinath is an important pilgrimage site for both Hindus and Buddhists. The area hosts a Vishnu temple and a Monastery nearby. Muktinath itself demonstrates the religious harmony in Nepal. Overnight at Muktinath.
- Day 11Muktinath to Marpha(2670 m).Muktinath to Marpha [2,670m/8,760ft]: 4 - 5 hrs Muktinath is an important pilgrimage for both Hindus and Buddhists. In the morning, we pay our visit to Vishnu Temple and Gompa. Descending from Ranipauwa village down the steep and barren hillside, we tumble down toward Kagbeni and then to Jomsom finally arriving at Marpha. The trail today is quite surreal as we trek along a plateau above Kali Gandaki, the world`s deepest gorge. The barren landscape of this area resembles Tibet. Marpha is also famous as the apple capital of Nepal where one can enjoy different items made from apples. The local apple brandy of Marpha is famous all over Nepal. Overnight at Marpha.
- Day 12Marpha to Tatopani(1800 m).early in the morning drive to Tatopani from Marpha. The journey is mostly downhill. We cross the bridge at Ghasa. As we drop to lower elevations, we emerge back into subtropical forests, lush with vegetation. We continue along Rupse Chahara (a popular waterfall). We avoid the road and continue down the east bank from Kopchepani via Garpar to a bridge at Dana. At Narchyang Besi, we get to see a powerhouse that supplies electricity in the area. We experience more villages in this area where we can observe the everyday lives of the local people.
- Day 13Tatopani to Ghorepani(2850 m)Tatopani to Ghorepani [2,850m/9,350ft]: 7 - 8 hrs While walking, we observe the lifestyle of the people in the midland villages of Nepal. Ghara and Sikha are villages with terraced and inclined farmlands. We gradually walk steeply up to ascent Ghorepani. While traversing through the Phalate, Chitre, and a no-habitation area we encounter Rhododendrons, birch, magnolia, and some meadows on the way. As we gain height, the peaks ahead look wonderful. We stay at Ghorepani because we have to make the climb to Poon Hill early tomorrow morning. Overnight at Ghorepani.
- Day 14Ghorepani to Tikhedhunga(1570 m).Early in the morning, we will trek to poonhill and enjoy in poonhill by seeing the view of the Annapurna Massif range and Dhaulagiri range. and will drive to Tikhedhunga and overnight in Tikhedhunga.
- Day 15Tikhedhunga to pokhara Early in the morning we will trek to Nayapul and drive to Pokhara. rest of the day we will
enjoy Phewa lake in Pokhara then overnight in Pokhara.
- Day 16Pokhara to kathmandu6 hrs drive After breakfast, we start our drive back to Kathmandu. It will be better to hold on to the left pane of the vehicle to enjoy the scenario throughout the route. Upon arrival in Kathmandu, we will be escorted to our hotel; and we spend the afternoon leisurely, perhaps catching up on some last-minute shopping, and in the evening celebrating dinner together with Nepal platform Trekking staff. Overnight in Kathmandu
- Day 17UNO Travels and Adventures drop in International Airport for Home CountryOur team will drive you to the airport for the departure.
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private Vehicle.
- Four-night standard accommodation in star level hotel in Kathmandu.
- Meals on full board (Breakfast, lunch, and dinner) during trekking.
- All accommodations during the trek.
- Annapurna Circuit Trekking Map.
- Drive Kathmandu to BeshiSshahar and come back from Pokhara to Kathmandu.
- An experienced Nepal Government licensed holder guide and porter to carry your luggage during the trek.
- Food, drinks, accommodation, insurance, salary, equipment, transportation, and local taxes.
- Group medical supply (first aid kits).
- All necessary paper works and national park entry permits.
- Travel & Rescue arrangement.
- All government taxes.
- If you are interested we can provide a video of that route.
- Meals whilst in Kathmandu allow US$ 10 - US$ 12 per day.
- Your Travel insurance.
- International airfare.
- Nepal entry visa (You can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Nepal’s Airport in Kathmandu).
- All kinds of drinks (Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks)
- Personal shopping and laundry etc.
- Personal trekking Equipment.
- UNO Travels and Adventure's sleeping bag, down jackets, Duffle bag, and walking stick, if necessary.
- Tips for trekking staff and drivers.
Annapurna Circuit trekking is safe, famous, and one of the best trekking routes in Nepal. All of our trips are led by qualified professional guides who are well-trained by Nepal Government. Our responsibility is to ensure your comfort and safety as we take your holiday. In this regard, we work honestly and effectively to provide you with the Himalayan experience that suits your interest. We encourage you to question us freely and contribute to the planning stages of your adventure in the trekking period.