Mt. Makalu Himalayas is the fifth highest peak in the world with the height of 8,481m(27,825ft.), and exceptional beautiful peak situated between in the between of Mt. Everest and Mt. Kanchenjunga at an altitude of 8463 meters (27766 feet). Along with Annapurna I, French claim to climb Mt. Makalu along American and New Zealanders had explored before them. A French reconnaissance party headed by Jean Franco visited Mt. Makalu in 1954, returning a year later with a powerful expedition consisting of the very best guides Alpinist France could muster; among then Jean Couzy, Lionel Terray, Guido Magnone, and Serge Coupe. They were ably supported by a doctor, geologists, 23 Sherpas and an army of 315 porters.
Mt. Makalu expedition process is their route to Camp 5 on the Makalu La proved technically very difficult and required a large amount of fixed rope. From there, they were able to traverse easy slopes on the north side. Steep couloirs led to the knife-edge ridge leading to the summit, first reached on 15th May 1955 by Couzy and Terry. In all eight Frenchmen and one Sherpa reached the summit.
This outstandingly successful Mt. Malaku expedition was a combination of a strong, well organized and highly motivated team aided by the finest equipment and blessed with good weather providing ideal climbing conditions. This latter factor is critical to success on 8000m mountains.
Trekking Destination: Mt. Makalu Expedition
Group Size: Max. 10 person
Maximum altitude: 8463m.
Grade: Mountaineering Expedition
Season Spring & Autumn
Duration: 55 Days
- Day 01:Arrival Kathmand & Trasfer to hotel
- Day 02:prepare for expedition
- Day 03:Briefing in Ministry of tourism prepare for expedition
- Day 04:Fly to Tumlingtar - camping
- Day 05:Tumlingtar - Kuwapani
- Day 06:Kuwapani - Chichila
- Day 07:Chichila - Num
- Day 08:Num- Seduwa
- Day 09:Seduwa - Tashigaun
- Day 10:Tashigaun - Khongma La (Danda)
- Day 11:Khongmadanda - Mumfuk
- Day 12:Mumfuk -Yangle Kharak
- Day 13:Yangle Khark -Merak
- Day 14:Merak -Sersung (half day rest) for acclimatize
- Day 15:Sersung - Makalu Base camp
- Day 16:16-47: Climbing Period for Makalu (8463m)
- Day 48:Base camp cleaning ( If you interested, not to necessary)
- Day 49:Makalu Base Camp - Mumbuck
- Day 50:Mumbuck - Khongma La (Danda)
- Day 51:Khongma La - Seduwa
- Day 52:Seduwa - Chichila
- Day 53:Chichila - Tumlingtar
- Day 54:Tumlingtar - Kathmandu by flight
- Day 55:Kathmandu
- Day 56:Final Departure
- Day 1Arrival Kathmand & Trasfer to hotel
- Day 2prepare for expedition
- Day 3Briefing in Ministry of tourism prepare for expedition
- Day 4Fly to Tumlingtar - camping
- Day 5Tumlingtar - Kuwapani
- Day 6Kuwapani - Chichila
- Day 7Chichila - Num
- Day 8Num- Seduwa
- Day 9Seduwa - Tashigaun
- Day 10Tashigaun - Khongma La (Danda)
- Day 11Khongmadanda - Mumfuk
- Day 12Mumfuk -Yangle Kharak
- Day 13Yangle Khark -Merak
- Day 14Merak -Sersung (half day rest) for acclimatize
- Day 15Sersung - Makalu Base camp
- Day 1616-47: Climbing Period for Makalu (8463m)
- Day 48Base camp cleaning ( If you interested, not to necessary)
- Day 49Makalu Base Camp - Mumbuck
- Day 50Mumbuck - Khongma La (Danda)
- Day 51Khongma La - Seduwa
- Day 52Seduwa - Chichila
- Day 53Chichila - Tumlingtar
- Day 54Tumlingtar - Kathmandu by flight
- Day 55Kathmandu
- Day 56Final Departure
- Applicable only for Expedition thru Southern Route
- Flight to Lukla Airport from Katmandu, & back after an expedition.
- Porters/Yaks to carry equipment and food all the way to BC & back.
- Full board accommodation en-route to/from Base camp.
- One head Climbing guide/Sardar.
- Cook & kitchen boys at BC.
- Experienced & skillful High Altitude Climbing Sherpa (One Sherpa for two Client)
- POISK Oxygen (08 bottles per client & 06 per Sherpa).
- Mask & regulator mask set (must be returned after the Expedition).
- Highly preferable meals at BC with complete hot drink & normal beverages.
- Exported High altitude food for higher camps (ready to eat food).
- Best quality Tents at BC single or twin sharing as per the client desire.
- All necessary kitchen equipment.
- Best quality Dining tent with enough no of table & chairs, plus inside the tent, we
- will set Gas Heaters to make the Dinning hall enough warm.
- Complete carpeting inside the dining tent.
- Comfortable & portable wooden toilet at the base camp.
- A nice portable wooden shower room with hot water at the base camp.
- High-quality high altitude tents for above BC use.
- Necessary climbing hardware gears with fixed ropes.
- Enough EPI (high altitude) gases with burners for higher camps use.
- Oxygen with the regulator set for medical purpose.
- Radio walkie-talkie set to each client with base station & permits cost.
- Satellite phone for an emergency purpose ($ 4 chargeable for a personal call).
- Generator/solar panel with accessories for recharging & power supply purpose.
- Gammon bag for medical purpose.
- Insurance of all local team members.
- All airport/hotel transfers.
- Day tour program around KTM.
- Celebration meal & pre-briefing.
- Expedition blessing Puja arrangement at Katmandu and Base camp.
- Last but most important COMPLETE SETUP INTERM/MIDDLE CAMP with Sleeping bags,
- sleeping mattress, food & drinking stuff & cooking crew.
- Service of Local Climbing Sherpas
- Pumori Permit including Liaison Officer
- Kathmandu Accommodation
- Return airfare to Lukla
- Expedition cargo charge
- Fully catered trek to Base Camp and back
- Full supported acclimatization climb of Lobuche peak
- Base Camp food
- Personal insurance (Suggested to have evacuation policy as well)
- Nepal visa
- Major meals in Kathmandu.
- Personal climbing gears.
- Personal nature’s expenses.
- Cost of emergency evacuation
Mt. Makalu Expedition is safety and the well being of our groups are of paramount importance to us. All of our trips are led by qualified professional Expedition guides and Sherpas who are well trained by our Government. Our job is to ensure your comfort and safety as we take you where you want to go, because your holiday is ours. In this regards, we work honestly and effectively to provide you the Himalayan experience that suits your interest. We encourage you to question us freely and contribute in the planning stages of your adventure in the trek period.