Api Himal is located in the western part of Nepal in Humla district. This region is a non-touristy and very less tourists have visited this region in the year but it offers you the different panoramic Himalayan scenery such as Api Himal, Kappa chuli peak, Nanda Devi peak, Rajramba etc and the endangered wild animals, birds, rapid rivers, off beaten path and the pristine forests. We can also get the different mysterious culture and traditions of mixed community including the Bramin, Chhetri, Mahara, Bohara etc.
The elevation of Api Himal is 7132 meters above the sea level. The name Api is Tibetan for “Grandmother” and the name of its neighbor Nampa is derived from the Tibetan expression “Gnampa-p’a which mean Holy Father. Although Api is low in elevation among the major mountains of Nepal, it is exceptional in its rise above local terrain; the surrounding valleys are significantly lower than those most higher Himalayan peaks.
During the trek from Api Himal Base camp, we can also spot the lake called Kali Dhunga which is the well-known holy lake of this region.
Destination: Api Himal Expedition
Group Size: Min 2 and above
Maximum altitude: 7132meters.
Grade: Mountaineering Expedition
Season: Spring & Autumn
Accommodation: Hotel Lodge & Camping
Duration: 35 Days
- Day 01:Arrive in Kathmandu
- Day 02:Sightseeing Kathmandu valley
- Day 03:Fly from Kathmandu to Dhangadi.
- Day 04:Drive Dhangadi - Baitadi -Gokuleshwor
- Day 05:Trek Gokuleshwor to Karkale
- Day 06:Trek Karkale to Chiureni(1120m)
- Day 07:Trek Chiureni to Makarighat(1800)
- Day 08:Trek Makarighat to Seti(2980)
- Day 09:Trek Seti to Bayaligad(3400m)
- Day 10:Trek Bayaligad to Simar(3680)
- Day 11:Trek Simar to Dhaulo odar(3860m)
- Day 12:Trek Dhaulo Odar to Api Base Camp(4190)
- Day 13:(13-28 Days) Climbing period of Api Himal(7132m) and Descend back to Base camp.
- Day 29:Trek back to Bayaligad from Base Camp.
- Day 30:Trek Bayaligad to Makarighat
- Day 31:Trek from Makarighat to Bitule Chaur.
- Day 32:Trek to Gokuleshwor from Bitule chaur.
- Day 33:Drive from Gokuleshwor to Dhangadi.
- Day 34:Fly from Dhangadi to Kathmandu.
- Day 35:Final departure for your home country.
- Day 1Arrive in KathmanduOur team will pick you up from the Tribhuwan International airpot and will offer you a warm welcome. and will drive to your hotel.
- Day 2Sightseeing Kathmandu valleywe will visit the world heritage sites of the UNESCO such as Pashupati nath Temple, Swayambu, Bouddha and Durbar square. spending some time in outing we will prepare our necessary equipment for the expedition.
- Day 3Fly from Kathmandu to Dhangadi.Having our breakfast, we will fly to Dhangadi from kathmandu .it takes about 1 hrs to reach there. Transfer to the hotels and overnight in Dhangadi.
- Day 4Drive Dhangadi - Baitadi -GokuleshworHaving our Breakfast, we will have 6-7 hrs of drive from Dhangadi to Baitadi and drive towards Gokuleshwor. Overnight in Gokuleshwor.
- Day 5Trek Gokuleshwor to KarkaleOur trek starts from the Gokuleshwor. We will start trekking to karkale. enjoying the amazing scenery of the nature we now overnight at camp in Karkale.
- Day 6Trek Karkale to Chiureni(1120m)Early in the morning, we will trek ascending trials through terraced farmland and the beautiful village near Chiureni and overnight at tented Camp in Chiureni.
- Day 7Trek Chiureni to Makarighat(1800)Having our breakfast, we will trek to Makarighat. Passing along the dense forests, villages and narrow path we will set up the camp in Makarighat and overnight there.
- Day 8Trek Makarighat to Seti(2980)Leaving the camp in Makarighat, we will start trekking to Seti. during our trek to seti we can have the chance to view the snow-capped mountain. Setting the camp in Seti and overnight there.
- Day 9Trek Seti to Bayaligad(3400m)Having our Breakfast, we will now trek to Bayaligad which is a bit steeply. We will set up our camp at Bayaligad and overnight there.
- Day 10Trek Bayaligad to Simar(3680)Early in the morning, we will leave Bayaligad and start trekking to Simar where you can also have the view of mountains and the scenic beauty of nature. Overnight in Simar .
- Day 11Trek Simar to Dhaulo odar(3860m)Having our breakfast, we will trek to Dhaulo odar where we will have a short look in cave where it is proved that people used to live in the cave before many years ago. We will overnight there in Dhaulo Odar .
- Day 12Trek Dhaulo Odar to Api Base Camp(4190)Early in the Morning, we will start trekking to Api Base Camp Slowly and carefully. Our Sherpa will set the camp near the Base camp. and we can also explore the Holy lake Kali Dhunga which takes 2 hrs walk from the Base camp to reach there and overnight there in camp.
- Day 13(13-28 Days) Climbing period of Api Himal(7132m) and Descend back to Base camp.13-28 Days will be the Climbing period of Api Himal. All our team and Sherpa will set up the camp where we will have a rest. Following the Guidelines of our Sherpa team we will continue our Trial. At the top of the Api Himal , we will have the stunning view of other mountain such as Nandadevi, Kappa chuli peak, Rajramba and many more.Spending the time at the top of the Api Himal we will descend back to Base Camp.
- Day 29Trek back to Bayaligad from Base Camp.After our Breakfast, we will trek back to Bayaligad following the same route of Dhaulo Odar and simar. Overnight in Bayaligad.
- Day 30Trek Bayaligad to MakarighatHaving our breakfast, we will trek back to Makarighat follwing the path passing through the forests, villages, and beautiful scenery.
- Day 31Trek from Makarighat to Bitule Chaur.Early in the Morning, we will trek to Bitule Chaur where we can spend and set up the good camping around the plain grounds. Overnight there in Camp.
- Day 32Trek to Gokuleshwor from Bitule chaur.Having our breakfast, we will trek back to Gokuleshwor. We will explore some time in gokuleshwor villages and overnight there in lodges.
- Day 33Drive from Gokuleshwor to Dhangadi.After 6 hrs of drive we will reach in Dhangadi. we can either rest some time in hotels or exploring around the Dhangadi city. Overnight in Dhangadi.
- Day 34Fly from Dhangadi to Kathmandu.As per our flight Schedule, we will fly to kathmandu and transfer to the hotels. We can also around the busy Street of Thamel and can do some shopping. We will attend in the small farewell party oraganized by our company. Overnight there in Kathmandu.
- Day 35Final departure for your home country.Our team will Drop you to Airport for your Final departure.
- Kathmandu - Dhangadi - Kathmandu flight
- Porters/Yaks to carry equipment and food all the way to BC & back.
- Full board accommodation en-route to/from Base camp.
- One head Climbing guide/Sardar.
- Cook & kitchen boys at BC.
- Experienced & skillful High Altitude Climbing Sherpa (One Sherpa for two Client)
- POISK Oxygen (08 bottles per client & 06 per Sherpa).
- Mask & regulator mask set (must be returned after the Expedition).
- Highly preferable meals at BC with complete hot drink & normal beverages.
- Exported High altitude food for higher camps (ready to eat food).
- Best quality Tents at BC single or twin sharing as per the client desire.
- All necessary kitchen equipment.
- Best quality Dining tent with enough no of table & chairs, plus inside the tent, we
- will set Gas Heaters to make the Dinning hall enough warm.
- Complete carpeting inside the dining tent.
- Comfortable & portable wooden toilet at the base camp.
- A nice portable wooden shower room with hot water at the base camp.
- High-quality high altitude tents for above BC use.
- Necessary climbing hardware gears with fixed ropes.
- Enough EPI (high altitude) gases with burners for higher camps use.
- Oxygen with the regulator set for medical purpose.
- Radio walkie-talkie set to each client with base station & permits cost.
- Satellite phone for the emergency purpose ($ 4 chargeable for the personal call).
- Generator/solar panel with accessories for recharging & power supply purpose.
- Gammon bag for medical purpose.
- Insurance of all local team members.
- All airport/hotel transfers.
- Day tour program around KTM.
- Celebration meal & pre-briefing.
- Expedition blessing Puja arrangement at Katmandu and Base camp.
- Last but most important COMPLETE SETUP INTERM/MIDDLE CAMP with Sleeping bags,
- sleeping mattress, food & drinking stuff & cooking crew.
- Service of Local Climbing Sherpas
- Liaison Officer
- Kathmandu Accommodation
- Expedition cargo charge
- Fully catered trek to Base Camp and back
- Base Camp food
- Personal insurance (Suggested to have evacuation policy as well)
- Nepal visa
- Major meals in Kathmandu.
- Personal climbing gears.
- Personal nature’s expenses.
- Cost of emergency evacuation
The well being of our groups are of paramount importance to us. All of our trips are led by qualified professional Expedition guides and Sherpas who are well trained by our Government. Our job is to ensure your comfort and safety as we take you where you want to go because your holiday is ours. In this regards, we work honestly and effectively to provide you the Himalayan experience that suits your interest. We encourage you to question us freely and contribute in the planning stages of your adventure in the trekking period.