Mount Elbrus is the highest peak in Europe with an altitude of 5642 meters from West and 5,621 meters from east. It is one of the listed mountain peak in Seven summit peak of seven continents. The peak is located in Russia near the border of Georgia. This peak is technically easy to climb. The peak was first climbed by Khillar Khachirov on 10 July 1829.
We have several route to head the peak but the Normal Route (The south Route) is the easiest, safest and fastest route. A cable car service is also available from Azau to the starting location Barrels Hut or Gara Bashi Station at 3720 meters which makes our trails easier.
Destination: Elbrus Peak.
Group Size: Min 2 and above.
Maximum altitude: 5642 m.
Grade: Mountaineering Expedition
Accommodation: Hotel and Camping
Duration: 8 Days
- Day 01:Arrive at Mineralnye Vody Airport.
- Day 02:Acclimatize day and observation Glacial Base(3100 m)
- Day 03:Hike to lower part of Pastukhov's Rocks
- Day 04:Acclimatize day and Ascent up to Pastukhov's Rocks (4700-4800 m)
- Day 05:Summit day of Mount Elbrus(5642 m)
- Day 06:Reserve Day
- Day 07:Return to Terskol
- Day 08:Final Departure for home country.
- Day 1Arrive at Mineralnye Vody Airport. Upon our arrival at Mineralnye Vody Airport before mid-afternoon, we will drive to Mountain hotels which takes about 3 hrs to reach there. It is situated at the beginning of the Baksan Valley. We will overnight there at hotels.
- Day 2Acclimatize day and observation Glacial Base(3100 m)The full day will be the acclimatize day and observation day at Glacial Base. We will hike to Maid’s Braids waterfall (2700 m) and further on observing the Glacier camp. Overnight in Mountain Hotels.
- Day 3Hike to lower part of Pastukhov's Rocks After having our breakfast, we will hike up to the lower part of Pastukhov's Rocks from hotels. We can also reach there by Cable car services. Overnight at Hut.
- Day 4Acclimatize day and Ascent up to Pastukhov's Rocks (4700-4800 m)As we hike up to the Pastukhov's Rocks, we will acclimatize there at Pastukhov's Rocks and prepare some necessary equipment such as gears etc for further climbing period. Overnight in Hut.
- Day 5Summit day of Mount Elbrus(5642 m)The day is finally here that we were eagerly waiting for, The summit of the peak. At the mid night we will start climb to the peak so that we could reach at the peak before the mid-afternoon. Once we reach at the peak, we will spend some time enjoying the views and trek back to Hut and overnight there at hut.
- Day 6Reserve DayAfter having a blissful climb of Mount Elbrus, this will be the reserve day in case the weather of the previous day was bad. Otherwise we will descend back to Pastukhov's Rocks.
- Day 7Return to TerskolAfter having our breakfast, we will descend back to Terskol and overnight there in hotels.
- Day 8Final Departure for home country.As per our flight schedule, we will take our flight to our home country.
- Full board accommodation en-route to/from Base camp.
- Airport services and hotels transfers.
- Kilimanjaro permit fees.
- One head Climbing guide/Sardar.
- Cook & kitchen boys at BC.
- Experienced & skillful High Altitude Climbing Sherpa (One Sherpa for two Client)
- Mask & regulator mask set (must be returned after the Expedition).
- Highly preferable meals at BC with complete hot drink & normal beverages.
- Best quality Tents at BC single or twin sharing as per the client desire.
- All necessary kitchen equipment.
- Comfortable & portable wooden toilet at the base camp.
- High-quality high altitude tents for above BC use.
- Necessary climbing hardware gears with fixed ropes.
- Oxygen with the regulator set for medical purpose.
- Radio walkie-talkie set to each client with base station & permits cost.
- Satellite phone for an emergency purpose ($ 4 chargeable for a personal call).
- Generator/solar panel with accessories for recharging & power supply purpose.
- Gammon bag for medical purpose.
- Insurance of all local team members.
- All airport/hotel transfers..
- Last but most important COMPLETE SETUP INTERM/MIDDLE CAMP with Sleeping bags,
- Expedition cargo charge
- Personal insurance (Suggested to have evacuation policy as well)
- Europe visa.
- Personal climbing gears.
- Personal nature’s expenses.
- Cost of emergency evacuation
Elbrus peak Expedition is safety and the well being of our groups are of paramount importance to us. All of our trips are led by qualified professional Expedition guides and Sherpas who are well trained by our Government. Our job is to ensure your comfort and safety as we take you where you want to go because your holiday is ours. In this regards, we work honestly and effectively to provide you the Himalayan experience that suits your interest. We encourage you to question us freely and contribute in the planning stages of your adventure in the climbing period.