Mount Kosciuszko (pronounced as Kos-ee-oss-ko) is the Australia highest peak with an altitude of 2228 m/7310 ft. above the sea levels. It is located on the main range of the snowy mountains in Kosciuszko National Park in New South Wales, Australia, and is located west of Crackenback and close to Jindabyne.
The peak is also listed as one of the Seven Summits peak. This peak is the easiest peak among others seven summit peaks which is achievable as a day hike from town on well-formed and enjoyable trails. On the others hand, this trip can be undertaken independently.
There are two ways that we can reach the top of Mount Kosciuszko i.e. Thredbo and Charlotte Pass. Both trails offer you the astonishing views of Kosciuszko National Park. In Thredbo you can take a scenic ride abroad the Kosciuszko Express Chairlift to the start of the Kosciuszko walk, which is 13km return or 4-5 hrs. The best time to climb this mountain is from December through to March as we can see the blossom alpine wildflowers.
Destination: Kosciuszko Peak.
Group Size: Min 2 and above.
Maximum altitude: 2229 meters
Grade: Mountaineering Expedition
Accommodation: Hotel and Camping
Duration: 5 Days
- Day 01:Arrive into Canberra, Sydney or Melbourne, Australia
- Day 02:Drive to Thredbo
- Day 03:Climb Mt Kosciuszko,(4-5 hrs walk) overnight in Thredbo
- Day 04:Return to Canberra, Sydney or Melbourne
- Day 05:Departure for home country.
- Day 1Arrive into Canberra, Sydney or Melbourne, AustraliaUpon our arrival in Australia, we will transfer to hotels and have some rest. Overnight there at Hotels.
- Day 2Drive to ThredboAfter having our breakfast, we will drive to Thredbo. It takes about 2 hrs 35 minutes from Canberra through alpine way. We will overnight there in lodges.
- Day 3Climb Mt Kosciuszko,(4-5 hrs walk) overnight in ThredboEarly in the morning, we will start trekking up to Mount Kosciuszko. After we reach at the peak we will spend some of the moment exploring the blissful views around us and trek back to Thredbo. We will overnight there in Thredbo.
- Day 4Return to Canberra, Sydney or MelbourneAfter having our breakfast, we will drive back to Canberra, Sydney or Melbourne from where we began our trip. Overnight there at Hotels.
- Day 5Departure for home country.As per our flight schedule, we will fly towards our home country.
- Full board accommodation en-route to/from Base camp.
- Airport services and hotels transfers.
- Kosciuszko National Park permit fees.
- One head Climbing guide/Sardar.
- Cook & kitchen boys at BC.
- Experienced & skillful High Altitude Climbing Sherpa (One Sherpa for two Client)
- Highly preferable meals at BC with complete hot drink & normal beverages.
- Best quality Tents at BC single or twin sharing as per the client desire.
- All necessary kitchen equipment.
- Comfortable & portable wooden toilet at the base camp.
- Satellite phone for an emergency purpose ($ 4 chargeable for a personal call).
- Gammon bag for medical purpose.
- Insurance of all local team members.
- Expedition cargo charge
- Personal insurance (Suggested to have evacuation policy as well)
- Nepal, Africa visa.
- Personal climbing gears.
- Personal nature’s expenses.
- Cost of emergency evacuation
Kosciuszko peak Expedition is safety and the well being of our groups are of paramount importance to us. All of our trips are led by qualified professional Expedition guides and Sherpas who are well trained by our Government. Our job is to ensure your comfort and safety as we take you where you want to go because your holiday is ours. In this regards, we work honestly and effectively to provide you the Himalayan experience that suits your interest. We encourage you to question us freely and contribute in the planning stages of your adventure in the climbing period.