K2 is the world's second-highest mountain after Mount Everest. It is located on the China Pakistan border between Baltistan in the Gilgit-Baltistan region of Northern Pakistan standing at an altitude of 8611 m. It is the highest point of the Karakoram range and the highest point in both Pakistan and Xinjiang. K2 is also known as the King of Mountains and the Mountaineers Mountain. This mountain was first climbed by the Italian climbers Lino Lacedelli and Achille compagnoni on the 31st of July 1954.
K2 is only the mountain which has never been climbed during winter or from its East face. The major routes that have been climbed on the south side of the mountain are The West Ridge; The West Face; Southwest Pillar; South Face; South-southeast Spur; Abruzzi Spur. The ascents have almost been made in July and August. Although the summit of Everest is at a higher altitude, K2 is a more difficult and dangerous mountain to climb, due in parts to it's more inclement weather. So the climbers who wish to climb K2 must be very fit and active winter climbers in good health. Though it is the risky mountain, the pleasure to climb K2 overcomes the danger, especially if it is assessed carefully during our expedition periods.
Destination: Mount K2
Group Size: Max. 10 person
Maximum altitude: 8611 m
Grade: Mountaineering Expedition
Season: July and August
Accommodation: Hotel and Camping
Duration: 55 Days
- Day 01:Arrive in Pakistan
- Day 02:Islamabad- Briefing
- Day 03:Drive to Besham
- Day 04:Drive to Skardu
- Day 05:Acclimatize and final packing in Skardu
- Day 06:Skardu to Askole
- Day 07:Askole to Jhola
- Day 08:Jhola to Paiyu
- Day 09:Acclimatize day in Paiyu
- Day 10:Trek from Paiyu to Khaburse
- Day 11:Trek Khaburse to Goro I
- Day 12:Trek Goro I to Concordia
- Day 13:Trek K2 Base Camp
- Day 14:(14-45 Days) K2 summit periods
- Day 46:Trek back K2 Base Camp to Concordia
- Day 47:Trek to Urdukus
- Day 48:Trek back to Paiyu
- Day 49:Trek back to Askole
- Day 50:Drive to Skardu
- Day 51:Free day at Skardu
- Day 52:Drive to Besham
- Day 53:Drive to Islamabad
- Day 54:Briefing at Alpine club
- Day 55:Fly back to our destination
- Day 1Arrive in Pakistan
- Day 2Islamabad- Briefing
- Day 3Drive to Besham
- Day 4Drive to Skardu
- Day 5Acclimatize and final packing in Skardu
- Day 6Skardu to Askole
- Day 7Askole to Jhola
- Day 8Jhola to Paiyu
- Day 9Acclimatize day in Paiyu
- Day 10Trek from Paiyu to Khaburse
- Day 11Trek Khaburse to Goro I
- Day 12Trek Goro I to Concordia
- Day 13Trek K2 Base Camp
- Day 14(14-45 Days) K2 summit periods
- Day 46Trek back K2 Base Camp to Concordia
- Day 47Trek to Urdukus
- Day 48Trek back to Paiyu
- Day 49Trek back to Askole
- Day 50Drive to Skardu
- Day 51Free day at Skardu
- Day 52Drive to Besham
- Day 53Drive to Islamabad
- Day 54Briefing at Alpine club
- Day 55Fly back to our destination
- Applicable only for Expedition thru Southern Route
- Flight to pakistan Airport & back after an expedition.
- Porters/Yaks to carry equipment and food all the way to BC & back.
- Full board accommodation en-route to/from Base camp.
- One head Climbing guide/Sardar.
- Cook & kitchen boys at BC.
- Experienced & skillful High Altitude Climbing Sherpa (One Sherpa for two Client)
- POISK Oxygen (08 bottles per client & 06 per Sherpa).
- Mask & regulator mask set (must be returned after the Expedition).
- Highly preferable meals at BC with complete hot drink & normal beverages.
- Exported High altitude food for higher camps (ready to eat food).
- Best quality Tents at BC single or twin sharing as per the client desire.
- All necessary kitchen equipment.
- Best quality Dining tent with enough no of table & chairs, plus inside the tent, we
- will set Gas Heaters to make the Dinning hall enough warm.
- Complete carpeting inside the dining tent.
- Comfortable & portable wooden toilet at the base camp.
- A nice portable wooden shower room with hot water at the base camp.
- High-quality high altitude tents for above BC use.
- Necessary climbing hardware gears with fixed ropes.
- Enough EPI (high altitude) gases with burners for higher camps use.
- Oxygen with the regulator set for medical purpose.
- Radio walkie-talkie set to each client with base station & permits cost.
- Satellite phone for an emergency purpose ($ 4 chargeable for a personal call).
- Generator/solar panel with accessories for recharging & power supply purpose.
- Gammon bag for medical purpose.
- Insurance of all local team members.
- All airport/hotel transfers.
- Celebration meal & pre-briefing.
- Expedition blessing Puja arrangement
- Last but most important COMPLETE SETUP INTERM/MIDDLE CAMP with Sleeping bags,
- sleeping mattress, food & drinking stuff & cooking crew.
- Service of Local Climbing Sherpas
- Permit fees including Liaison Officer
- Return airfare services
- Expedition cargo charge
- Fully catered trek to Base Camp and back
- Full supported acclimatization
- Base Camp food
- Personal insurance (Suggested to have evacuation policy as well)
- Pakistan visa
- Personal climbing gears.
- Personal nature’s expenses.
- Cost of emergency evacuation
Mount K2 Expedition is technically challenging expedition. The well being of our groups are of paramount importance to us. All of our trips are led by qualified professional Expedition guides and Sherpas who are well trained by our Government. Our job is to ensure your comfort and safety as we take you where you want to go because your holiday is ours. In this regards, we work honestly and effectively to provide you the Himalayan experience that suits your interest. We encourage you to question us freely and contribute in the planning stages of your adventure in the climbing period.