Mt.Dhaulagiri Himalayas is the seventh highest peak in the world, Mt.Dhaulagiri Himalayas stands tall at an elevation of 8167 meters (26795 feet). This spectacular peak’s name means, benignly enough, the “White Mountain” but Dhaulagiri has come to be known as the mountain of storms and sorrows.
Mt. Dhaulagiri expedition is although the first of the 8000-meter peaks to be attempted by the French in 1950, who abandoned their bid in favor of Annapurna I, ironically it was the very last 8000-meter peak in Nepal to be climbed. Seven expeditions attempted Dhaulagiri, including one sponsored by President Peron of Argentina, but it was not until 1960 that a massive Swiss attempt was successful via the northeast spur. Supplied by a small glacier plane piloted by Ernst Saxer, the expedition finally ended the golden decade of Nepal’s giants by putting four Europeans and two Sherpas on the summit on 13th May, 960.
The Mt. Dhaulagiri expedition was first sighted by British surveyors in India in the early 1800s but reminded virtually unknown until a Swiss aerial survey in 1949. This White Mountain was first climbed in 1960 by the Swiss following the Northeast ridge. Dhaulagiri Himalayas is buttressed by five ridges and even up until the early 1980's only the Northeast ridge had been successfully climbed. Dhaulagiri Himalayas is considered the most interesting peak among the eight thousand. At this moment there are more than six different routes established with variations and the possibility of more.
Destination: Mt. Dhaulagiri Expedition
Group Size: Max.10 person
Maximum altitude: 8167m
Grade: Mountaineering Expedition
Season Spring & Autumn
Duration: 47 Days
- Day 01:Arrive at Kathmandu airport and participate in welcome dinner party organized by UNO Travels and Adventures.
- Day 02:Sightseeing Tour in Kathmandu City at Kathmandu Durbar Square and Swoyambu Nath Stupa( Monkey Temple).
- Day 03:Drive Buses to Beni(1050) from Kathmandu(9:00 hrs)
- Day 04:Trek to Tatopani(1189m) from Beni(6:30 hours)
- Day 05:Trek to Ghasa(2012m) from Tatopani(4:00 hours)
- Day 06:Trek to Marpha(2667m) from Ghasa(5:00 hours)
- Day 07:Trek to Yak Kharka(3680m) from Marpha(6:00 hours)
- Day 08:Trek to Dhaularigi Base Camp(4700m) from Yak Kharka(6:00 hours)
- Day 09:09-40 Climbing periods (Mt. Dhaulagiri Expedition Summit Program-8167m)
- Day 41:Rest days and Cleansing program of Dhaulagiri Base Camp
- Day 42:Trek to Yak Kharka(3680m) from Base Camp(6:00 hours)
- Day 43:Trek to Jomsom(2710m) from Yak kharka(6:00 hours)
- Day 44:Fly to Pokhara from Jomsom(0:25 hours) and explore around Pokhara.
- Day 45:Drive Buse to Kathamndu from Pokhara(6:00 hours)
- Day 46:Sightseeing Tour in Kathmandu Valley at Bhaktapur Durbar Square and Patan Durbar Squire.
- Day 47:UNO Travels and Adventures drop in International Airport for Home Country.
- Day 1Arrive at Kathmandu airport and participate in welcome dinner party organized by UNO Travels and Adventures.
- Day 2Sightseeing Tour in Kathmandu City at Kathmandu Durbar Square and Swoyambu Nath Stupa( Monkey Temple).
- Day 3Drive Buses to Beni(1050) from Kathmandu(9:00 hrs)
- Day 4Trek to Tatopani(1189m) from Beni(6:30 hours)
- Day 5Trek to Ghasa(2012m) from Tatopani(4:00 hours)
- Day 6Trek to Marpha(2667m) from Ghasa(5:00 hours)
- Day 7Trek to Yak Kharka(3680m) from Marpha(6:00 hours)
- Day 8Trek to Dhaularigi Base Camp(4700m) from Yak Kharka(6:00 hours)
- Day 909-40 Climbing periods (Mt. Dhaulagiri Expedition Summit Program-8167m)
- Day 41Rest days and Cleansing program of Dhaulagiri Base Camp
- Day 42Trek to Yak Kharka(3680m) from Base Camp(6:00 hours)
- Day 43Trek to Jomsom(2710m) from Yak kharka(6:00 hours)
- Day 44Fly to Pokhara from Jomsom(0:25 hours) and explore around Pokhara.
- Day 45Drive Buse to Kathamndu from Pokhara(6:00 hours)
- Day 46Sightseeing Tour in Kathmandu Valley at Bhaktapur Durbar Square and Patan Durbar Squire.
- Day 47UNO Travels and Adventures drop in International Airport for Home Country.
- Applicable only for Expedition thru Southern Route
- Flight to Lukla Airport from Katmandu, & back after the expedition.
- Porters/Yaks to carry equipment and food all the way to BC & back.
- Full board accommodation en-route to/from Base camp.
- One head Climbing guide/Sardar.
- Cook & kitchen boys at BC.
- Experienced & skillful High Altitude Climbing Sherpa (One Sherpa for two Clients)
- POISK Oxygen (08 bottles per client & 06 per Sherpa).
- Mask & regulator mask set (must be returned after the Expedition).
- Highly preferable meals at BC with complete hot drinks & normal beverages.
- Exported High altitude food for higher camps (ready-to-eat food).
- Best quality Tents at BC single or twin sharing as per the client's desire.
- All necessary kitchen equipment.
- Best quality Dining tent with enough no of tables & chairs, plus inside the tent, we
- will set Gas Heaters to make the Dinning hall enough warm.
- Complete carpeting inside the dining tent.
- Comfortable & portable wooden toilet at the base camp.
- A nice portable wooden shower room with hot water at the base camp.
- High-quality high altitude tents for above-BC use.
- Necessary climbing hardware gears with fixed ropes.
- Enough EPI (high altitude) gases with burners for higher camps use.
- Oxygen with the regulator set for medical purposes.
- Radio walkie-talkie set to each client with base station & permits cost.
- Satellite phone for emergency purposes ($ 4 chargeable for the personal call).
- Generator/solar panel with accessories for recharging & power supply purpose.
- Gammon bag for medical purposes.
- Insurance of all local team members.
- All airport/hotel transfers.
- Day tour program around KTM.
- Celebration meal & pre-briefing.
- Expedition blessing Puja arrangement at Katmandu and Base camp.
- Last but most important COMPLETE SETUP INTERM/MIDDLE CAMP with Sleeping bags,
- sleeping mattress, food & drinking stuff & cooking crew.
- Service of Local Climbing Sherpas
- Pumori Permit including Liaison Officer
- Kathmandu Accommodation
- Return airfare to Lukla
- Expedition cargo charge
- Fully catered trek to Base Camp and back
- Full supported acclimatization climb of Lobuche peak
- Base Camp food
- Personal insurance (Suggested to have evacuation policy as well)
- Nepal visa
- Major meals in Kathmandu.
- Personal climbing gears.
- Personal nature’s expenses.
- Cost of emergency evacuation
Mt. Dhaulagiri Expedition is safe and the well-being of our groups is of paramount importance to us. All of our trips are led by qualified professional Expedition guides and Sherpas who are well-trained by our Government. Our job is to ensure your comfort and safety as we take you where you want to go because your holiday is ours. In this regard, we work honestly and effectively to provide you with the Himalayan experience that suits your interest. We encourage you to question us freely and contribute to the planning stages of your adventure during the expedition period.