Mount Num Ri is situated at the Hunku valley, northwest of the Baruntse in Khumbu region. The height of this mountain is 6677 meters above the sea level. This mountain can be also seen from famous Island peak and the Cho Polu. This peak is one of the difficult peaks among others so we should be physically fit and have some climbing skills with the ability to take every steps forward during the expedition periods.
The peak was first climbed by German team Olaf Rieck, Lydia Schubert and Carsten Schmidt in 2002.
During our expedition period, we can explore many other different mountains and the different famous region such as Namche Bazaar which is the main trading center and hub for Khumbu region, beautiful monasteries and the culture and tradition of the people following different religions.
- Destination: Num Ri Expedition
- Group Size: Min. 2 & Max
- Maximum altitude: 6677 meters
- Grade: Technical challenging
- Season: Spring & Autumn
- Accommodation: Lodge Camping
- Duration: 41 Days
- Day 01:Arrive in Kathmandu
- Day 02:Sightseeing Kathmandu valley
- Day 03:Fly to Lukla(2800 m) and trek to Phakding(2622 m)
- Day 04:Trek from Phakding to Namche Bazaar(3446 m)
- Day 05:Acclimatization day in Namche Bazaar
- Day 06:Trek Namche Bazaar to Thyangboche monastery(3867 m)
- Day 07:Trek Thyangboche to Dingboche monastery(4347 m)
- Day 08:Trek Dingboche to Island Peak Base Camp, 4900m.
- Day 09:Trek Island Base Camp to Num Ri Base Camp(5357 m)
- Day 10:(10-34 Days) Climbing period of Num Ri Peak(6677 m)
- Day 35:Base Camp to Dingboche
- Day 36:Dingboche to Tyangboche
- Day 37:Tyanboche to Namche Bazaar
- Day 38:Trek Namche Bazaar to Phakding
- Day 39:Trek Phakding to Lukla
- Day 40:fly from Lukla to Kathmandu
- Day 41:Departure at your Home country.
- Day 1Arrive in KathmanduOur Team member will pick you up from the airport and transfer to the hotels. Here you can either take some rest or enjoy going out to explore the busy shopping streets of Thamel near to your hotels.
- Day 2Sightseeing Kathmandu valleyEarly in the morning, we will visit some the world Heritage sites such as Pashupati nath Temple, Bouddha, Swayambu, and Durbar squares. We will prepare all our necessary equipment which are needed while in our expedition period.
- Day 3Fly to Lukla(2800 m) and trek to Phakding(2622 m)Early in the morning, we will take a flight to lukla. it takes approximately 25 minutes to reach in Lukla where you can get the magnificent views of mountains. Having some minute of rest, we will start trekking to phakding and overnight there.
- Day 4Trek from Phakding to Namche Bazaar(3446 m)After having our breakfast, we will head towards Namche Bazaar following the uphills and downhills trials. Trekking for 5-6 hrs of trek, we will have some rest in Namche Bazaar. Overnight there in Namche Bazaar.
- Day 5Acclimatization day in Namche BazaarThe full day will be the acclimatized day in Namche Bazaar. We will hike up to the upper trek for our further preparation and return back. Overnight there in Namche Bazaar.
- Day 6Trek Namche Bazaar to Thyangboche monastery(3867 m)Early in the morning, We will start trek to Thyangboche Monastery following the uphill trials. After arriving there in Thyangboche, we will visit the monastery and Overnight there in Thyangboche.
- Day 7Trek Thyangboche to Dingboche monastery(4347 m)After having our breakfast, we will trek to Dingboche monastery following the path down through Rhododendron trees and the suspension bridges. The gradual climb takes us to the beautiful village Pangboche where we can see the beautiful view of mount Ama Dablam. enjoying the trials will will move to Dingboche and stay there for overnight.
- Day 8Trek Dingboche to Island Peak Base Camp, 4900m. Early in the morning, we will now trek to Island Base camp. Following the steeply trials we will head to Island peak Base camp where we will spend the day for our overnight there.
- Day 9Trek Island Base Camp to Num Ri Base Camp(5357 m)After having our breakfast, we will trek to Num Ri Base camp. Our Sherpa will quickly set up the camp at Num Ri Base camp and spending some time exploring the beautiful view seen from num Ri Base camp.
- Day 10(10-34 Days) Climbing period of Num Ri Peak(6677 m)Our 10-34 days will be the Climbing period of Num Ri Base camp. Our well experienced Sherpa will guide us to Climb the Peak and set up the camp where we will stay overnight at different camp. At the day of summiting the peak, we can have the astonishing view of other different mountain peak such as Chopolu, Imja Tse, Baruntse etc.Spending some time at the peak, we will descend our trek back to the Base Camp.
- Day 35Base Camp to DingbocheAfter having blissful Expedition of the Num Ri peak, we will descend our trials to Dingboche. After arriving at Dingboche We can also visit the monastery in Dingboche and overnight there in Dingboche.
- Day 36Dingboche to TyangbocheEarly in the morning, We will trek back to Tyangboche following the same route that we had trek before. The beautiful trial of Dingboche will make our journey pleasant. we will overnight at Tyangboche.
- Day 37Tyanboche to Namche BazaarAfter having our breakfast, we will start trek to Namche Bazaar. it takes 5-6 hrs to reach Namche Bazaar. We will enjoy exploring around Namche Bazaar and overnight there.
- Day 38Trek Namche Bazaar to PhakdingEarly in the morning, we will trek to Phakding passing through the suspension bridges. Overnight at Phakding.
- Day 39Trek Phakding to LuklaAfter having our breakfast, we will trek to Lukla from Phakding following the same route by exploring the different views of mountains. Overnight at Lukla.
- Day 40fly from Lukla to KathmanduAs per our Flight schedule, we will fly back to Kathmandu. we will transfer to our hotels and have some rest and attending the dinner party organized by our team.
- Day 41Departure at your Home country.we will drove you to the International Airport for your final Departure.
- Flight to Lukla Airport from Katmandu, & back after the expedition.
- Porters/Yaks to carry equipment and food all the way to BC & back.
- Full board accommodation en-route to/from Base camp.
- One head Climbing guide/Sardar.
- Cook & kitchen boys at BC.
- Experienced & skillful High Altitude Climbing Sherpa (One Sherpa for two Client)
- POISK Oxygen (08 bottles per client & 06 per Sherpa).
- Mask & regulator mask set (must be returned after the Expedition).
- Highly preferable meals at BC with complete hot drink & normal beverages.
- Exported High altitude food for higher camps (ready to eat food).
- Best quality Tents at BC single or twin sharing as per the client desire.
- All necessary kitchen equipment.
- Best quality Dining tent with enough no of table & chairs, plus inside the tent, we
- Well, set Gas Heaters to make the Dinning hall enough warm.
- Complete carpeting inside the dining tent.
- Comfortable & portable wooden toilet at the base camp.
- A nice portable wooden shower room with hot water at the base camp.
- High-quality high altitude tents for above BC use.
- Necessary climbing hardware gears with fixed ropes.
- Enough EPI (high altitude) gases with burners for higher camps use.
- Oxygen with the regulator set for medical purpose.
- Radio walkie-talkie set to each client with base station & permits cost.
- Satellite phone for an emergency purpose ($ 4 chargeable for a personal call).
- Generator/solar panel with accessories for recharging & power supply purpose.
- Gammon bag for medical purpose.
- Insurance of all local team members.
- All airport/hotel transfers.
- Day tour program around KTM.
- Celebration meal & pre-briefing.
- Expedition blessing Puja arrangement at Katmandu and Base camp.
- Last but most important COMPLETE SETUP INTERM/MIDDLE CAMP with Sleeping bags,
- sleeping mattress, food & drinking stuff & cooking crew.
- Service of Local Climbing Sherpas
- Ama Dablam Permit including Liaison Officer
- Kathmandu Accommodation
- Expedition cargo charge
- Fully catered trek to Base Camp and back
- Base Camp food
- Personal insurance (Suggested to have evacuation policy as well)
- Nepal visa
- Major meals in Kathmandu.
- Personal climbing gears.
- Personal nature’s expenses.
- Cost of emergency evacuation
The well-being of our groups are of paramount importance to us. All of our trips are led by qualified professional climbing guides and Sherpas who are well trained by our Government. Our job is to ensure your comfort and safety as we take you where you want to go because your holiday is ours. In this regard, we work honestly and effectively to provide you the Himalayan experience that suits your interest. We encourage you to question us freely and contribute in the planning stages of your adventure in the climbing period.