Bardiya National Park is the largest national park in the lowland Terai covering an area of 968 sq. km. The park situated in Nepal's Western Terai was established for protecting the representative ecosystems and conserving the habitat of the tiger and its prey species. Initially, a small area was gazette as the Karnali Wildlife Reserve in 1976. At that time, 1500 households of the Babai valley were relocated outside the park allowing the vegetation and wildlife to flourish. In 1982, it was renamed as Bardiya Wildlife Reserve, and in 1984 it was extended to its current size. The reserve was given the status of a National Park in 1988. 91 Greater One-horned Rhinoceros were translocated from Chitwan National Park to Bardia National Park in 1986, 1991, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2016, and 2017. In 1997, an area of 327 km2 surrounding the park was declared as a buffer zone, which consists of forests and private lands. The park and local communities jointly manage the buffer zone. Together they initiate community development activities and manage natural resources in the buffer zones. An elephant ride provides a different view of the park as one can go off the main trail, Morning and late afternoon is the ideal time to go on a ride. Karnali river is a suitable home for Gangetic dolphins. Babai valley is a majestic place to visit where flagship rhinos, tigers, and elephants can be cited in the wilderness site. 61 species of mammals, 513 species of birds, 42 herpetofauna, and 120 fishes have been recorded from the parking area.
Trip Destination: Bardia National Park and Wildlife Reserve
Group Size: Min. 2 & Max
Season: Spring & Autumn
Accommodation: Hotel and Lodge Services
Duration: 7 Days
- Day 01:Arrive at Kathmandu airport and participate in welcome dinner party organized by UNO Travels and Adventures.
- Day 02:Sightseeing Tour in Kathmandu City at Kathmandu Durbar Square and Swoyambu Nath Stupa( Monkey Temple).
- Day 03:Drive to Bardia National park from Kathmandu(5:00 hours) and explore around indigeneous Tharu Village
- Day 04:Full day Jungle Safari around National Parks(Dugout Canoe Ride, Elephant Back Safari, Western Nepal Tharu Dance
- Day 05:Full day Wildlife and explore Rhino’s, Elephant’s and Tiger’s territory up to Gola and visit Dolphin place.
- Day 06:Drive back to Kathmandu from Bardia
- Day 07:UNO Travels and Adventures drop in International Airport for Home Country
- Day 1Arrive at Kathmandu airport and participate in welcome dinner party organized by UNO Travels and Adventures.
- Day 2Sightseeing Tour in Kathmandu City at Kathmandu Durbar Square and Swoyambu Nath Stupa( Monkey Temple).
- Day 3Drive to Bardia National park from Kathmandu(5:00 hours) and explore around indigeneous Tharu Village
- Day 4Full day Jungle Safari around National Parks(Dugout Canoe Ride, Elephant Back Safari, Western Nepal Tharu Dance
- Day 5Full day Wildlife and explore Rhino’s, Elephant’s and Tiger’s territory up to Gola and visit Dolphin place.
- Day 6Drive back to Kathmandu from Bardia
- Day 7UNO Travels and Adventures drop in International Airport for Home Country
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private Vehicle.
- standard accommodation in star level hotel in Kathmandu.
- Meals on full board (Breakfast, lunch, and dinner) in trekking,/
- All accommodations during the trek.,/
- Both ways Bus driving cost
- Bardia National Park Permit
- An experienced Government licensed holder guide and porter to carry your luggage during the trek.
- Food, drinks, accommodation, insurance, salary, equipment, transportation, local tax for Guide and porter
- Group medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- All necessary paper works and national park entry permits.
- Travel & Rescue arrangement.
- All government taxes.
- Meals whilst in Kathmandu allow US$ 10 - US$ 12 per day.
- Your Travel insurance.
- International airfare.
- Nepal entry visa ( You can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Nepal’s Airport in Kathmandu).
- All kinds of drinks (Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks)
- Personal shopping and laundry etc.
- Personal trekking Equipment.
- UNO Travels and Adventure's sleeping bag, down jackets, Duffle bag, and walking stick, if necessary.
- Tips for trekking staff and drivers. (Tipping is expected).
Bardiya National Park Tour's safety and the well-being of our groups are of paramount importance to us. All of our trips are led by qualified professional guides who are well-trained by our Government. Our job is to ensure your comfort and safety as we take you where you want to go because your holiday is ours. In this regard, we work honestly and effectively to provide you with the Himalayan experience that suits your interest. We encourage you to question us freely and contribute to the planning stages of your adventure during the tour period.