Mount Manaslu Himalayas is at the massive height of 8163 meters (26781 feet), Mt. Manaslu Himalayas is the world’s eighth highest geographical location. If Europeans claim some of the giants, Mt. Manaslu expedition is determinedly an Asian mountain. Not only was it first climbed by Japanese but a high number of Nepalese, Japanese and South Korean lives have been lost on this mountain whose name means ‘Soul’ in Sanskrit. In two days of avalanches during the spring of 1972, in the largest death toll on any Nepalese peak, 15 men lost their lives.
Mt. Manaslu expedition is stunning; the highest of a cluster of glorious summits including Himalchuli and peak 29 (Ngadi Himal), standing in splendid isolation between the Annapurna and Ganesh Himal. Between 1953 and 1956 the Japanese served their Himalayan apprenticeship by making several attempts on Manaslu. In 1956 the venerable 62-year-old leader, Yuka Maki, approached via the Budhi Gandaki. The Japanese set about climbing the northeast face, despite disputes with the local villagers. Mt. Manaslu expedition of history was Toshio Imanishi and Sirdar Gyalzen Norbu Sherpa reached the rocky pinnacle of the summit by midday on 9th May.
Destination: Mt. Manaslu Expedition
Group Size: Max. 10 person
Maximum altitude: 8163m.
Grade: Mountaineering Expedition
Season Spring & Autumn
Accommodation Tea House Services & Camping
Duration: 50 Days
- Day 01:Arrive Kathmandu & transfer to hotel
- Day 02:Prepare Expedition
- Day 03:Expedition briefing in Ministry of Tourism
- Day 04:Drive Arughat via Dhading
- Day 05:Arughat - Sotikhola 6 hours
- Day 06:Sotikhola - Machhakhola 6/7 hours
- Day 07:Machhakhola - Jagat
- Day 08:Jagat - Ukawa
- Day 09:Ukawa - Ngyak 5/6 hours
- Day 10:Nyak - Namrung 5/6 hours
- Day 11:Namrung - Syalla village
- Day 12:Syalla - Sama village
- Day 13:Sama Village
- Day 14:Sama Village - Manaslu Base
- Day 15:15- 41 Climbing Period for Manaslu 8163m.
- Day 42:Base camp - Sama village
- Day 43:Sama - Namrung
- Day 44:Namrung - Philim village
- Day 45:Filim -Machakhola
- Day 46:Machakhola - Soti
- Day 47:Soti - Arughat
- Day 48:Arughat drive to drive to Kathmandu
- Day 49:Kathmandu
- Day 50:Final Departure
- Day 1Arrive Kathmandu & transfer to hotel
- Day 2Prepare Expedition
- Day 3Expedition briefing in Ministry of Tourism
- Day 4Drive Arughat via Dhading
- Day 5Arughat - Sotikhola 6 hours
- Day 6Sotikhola - Machhakhola 6/7 hours
- Day 7Machhakhola - Jagat
- Day 8Jagat - Ukawa
- Day 9Ukawa - Ngyak 5/6 hours
- Day 10Nyak - Namrung 5/6 hours
- Day 11Namrung - Syalla village
- Day 12Syalla - Sama village
- Day 13Sama Village
- Day 14Sama Village - Manaslu Base
- Day 1515- 41 Climbing Period for Manaslu 8163m.
- Day 42Base camp - Sama village
- Day 43Sama - Namrung
- Day 44Namrung - Philim village
- Day 45Filim -Machakhola
- Day 46Machakhola - Soti
- Day 47Soti - Arughat
- Day 48Arughat drive to drive to Kathmandu
- Day 49Kathmandu
- Day 50Final Departure
- Applicable only for Expedition thru Southern Route
- Flight to Lukla Airport from Katmandu, & back after an expedition.
- Porters/Yaks to carry equipment and food all the way to BC & back.
- Full board accommodation en-route to/from Base camp.
- One head Climbing guide/Sardar.
- Cook & kitchen boys at BC.
- Experienced & skillful High Altitude Climbing Sherpa (One Sherpa for two Client)
- POISK Oxygen (08 bottles per client & 06 per Sherpa).
- Mask & regulator mask set (must be returned after the Expedition).
- Highly preferable meals at BC with complete hot drink & normal beverages.
- Exported High altitude food for higher camps (ready to eat food).
- Best quality Tents at BC single or twin sharing as per the client desire.
- All necessary kitchen equipment.
- Best quality Dining tent with enough no of table & chairs, plus inside the tent, we
- will set Gas Heaters to make the Dinning hall enough warm.
- Complete carpeting inside the dining tent.
- Comfortable & portable wooden toilet at the base camp.
- A nice portable wooden shower room with hot water at the base camp.
- High-quality high altitude tents for above BC use.
- Necessary climbing hardware gears with fixed ropes.
- Enough EPI (high altitude) gases with burners for higher camps use.
- Oxygen with the regulator set for medical purpose.
- Radio walkie-talkie set to each client with base station & permits cost.
- Satellite phone for an emergency purpose ($ 4 chargeable for a personal call).
- Generator/solar panel with accessories for recharging & power supply purpose.
- Gammon bag for medical purpose.
- Insurance of all local team members.
- All airport/hotel transfers.
- Day tour program around KTM.
- Celebration meal & pre-briefing.
- Expedition blessing Puja arrangement at Katmandu and Base camp.
- Last but most important COMPLETE SETUP INTERM/MIDDLE CAMP with Sleeping bags,
- sleeping mattress, food & drinking stuff & cooking crew.
- Service of Local Climbing Sherpas
- Pumori Permit including Liaison Officer
- Kathmandu Accommodation
- Return airfare to Lukla
- Expedition cargo charge
- Fully catered trek to Base Camp and back
- Full supported acclimatization climb of Lobuche peak
- Base Camp food
- Personal insurance (Suggested to have evacuation policy as well)
- Nepal visa
- Major meals in Kathmandu.
- Personal climbing gears.
- Personal nature’s expenses.
- Cost of emergency evacuation
Mt. Manaslu Expedition is safety and the well being of our groups are of paramount importance to us. All of our trips are led by qualified professional Expedition guides and Sherpas who are well trained by our Government. Our job is to ensure your comfort and safety as we take you where you want to go because your holiday is ours. In this regards, we work honestly and effectively to provide you the Himalayan experience that suits your interest. We encourage you to question us freely and contribute in the planning stages of your adventure in the climbing period.