Kusum Kanguru peak lies in the Khumbu region of the Himalayan in Nepal. The elevation of this peak is 6369 meters. The name Kusum Kanguru means “Three Snow-White Gods” in the Sherpa language, which refers to the triple summit of the mountain. The main north-south ridge of Kusum Kanguru forms the border between the Dudh Koshi to the west and Hinku valley to the east. The mountain is the main source of Kusum Khola.
The peak is considered one of the most difficult and challenging peaks among others. The peak was first climbed by the Japanese team led by Ken Kanazawa in 1979. Though the peak is hard to climb, but we can get mountaineering experiences from this peak. During the period of trekking and climbing, we can have a magnificent view of different mountains such as the world's highest mountain peak Mount Everest(8848m), Cho-Oyu(8201), Lhotse(8516m), Makalu(8463m), Nuptse(7655m) and many others.
Destination: Kusum Kanguru Climbing
Location: Khumbu Region
Group Size: Max. 10 person
Maximum altitude: 6369m
Grade: Climbing Peak
Season: Spring & Autumn
Accommodation: Hotel Lodge & Camping
Duration: 18 Days
- Day 01:Arrive in Kathmandu
- Day 02:Sighseeing Kathmandu valley
- Day 03:Flight to Lukla (2860m) then trek to Chutanga(3020m)
- Day 04:Trek from Chutanga to Thuli Kharka (4400m)
- Day 05: Trek from Thuli Kharka to Kothe
- Day 06:Trek from Kothe to Thangnak (4350m)
- Day 07: Rest day at Thangnak for Acclimatization
- Day 08: Trek from Thangnak to Kusum Khangru Base Camp (4360m)
- Day 09:Trek from base camp to High camp (5100m)
- Day 10:Rest day at High camp for Acclimatization
- Day 11:Climb High camp (5100m) to Camp I or Advance high Camp (5600m)
- Day 12:Summit Kusum Khangru (6369m) and back to High Camp
- Day 13:High Camp to Tashing Ongma
- Day 14:Spare day at Tashing Ongma.
- Day 15: Trek from Tashing Ongma to Thuli Kharka
- Day 16: Trek from Thuli Kharka to Lukla
- Day 17:Flight from Lukla to Kathmandu
- Day 18:Departure on your own destination.
- Day 1Arrive in KathmanduOur team will pick you up from the Tribhuwan International airport and will offer you a warm welcome. and will drive to your hotel.
- Day 2Sighseeing Kathmandu valleyHaving our breakfast in morning, we will move towards the Kathmandu valley for exploring the the view of world Heritages sites such as Durbar Square, Pashupati Temple, Swayambhu and Bouddha. Returning back to the hotel we will now prepare the necessary equipment for the trials.
- Day 3Flight to Lukla (2860m) then trek to Chutanga(3020m)Early morning, we will be taken the flight to lukla from Kathmandu. After arriving at lukla we will now trek to Chutanga through the route of beautiful villages. The trail goes straight from Lukla for about an hour then the path gradually begins to descend. We will walk through the pristine of Rhododendron and Pine. overnight in Chutanga.
- Day 4Trek from Chutanga to Thuli Kharka (4400m)Early in the morning, we will begin our trek passing through Zwatra La. The trek is a bit steeply and can be seen the two separated Valley i.e the Khumbu and Hinku valley. Overnight in Thuli kharka.
- Day 5 Trek from Thuli Kharka to KotheHaving our breakfast, the trial descend through the path leading the Hinku valley. we can also explore the view of Mera peak during our trek.passing through the woods of pine and rhododendron overnight in Kothe.
- Day 6Trek from Kothe to Thangnak (4350m)Early in the morning, we will continue our trek by following the trail that goes along the ridge of Hinku river and passing through Lungsumgba Gompa. After arriving at Thangnak we will have some rest in hotels and overnight there.
- Day 7 Rest day at Thangnak for AcclimatizationThe full day will be the Acclimatization day in Thangak. we can explore the view around the Thangnak and have some rest for preparing the next trekking and climbing route.
- Day 8 Trek from Thangnak to Kusum Khangru Base Camp (4360m) Early in the morning, we will continue our trek towards the Kusum Kanguru Camp which is basically the uphill trek from Thangnak. having 4-5 hours of trek we now set up the camp and enjoy the view from there. overnight in camp.
- Day 9Trek from base camp to High camp (5100m)Having our breakfast, we will leave the base camp and start following the trial guided by our team. the trial is a bit difficult to climb to the higher camp. so we must be careful while climbing. setting up the next camp and overnight there.
- Day 10Rest day at High camp for AcclimatizationFor the further climbing requirement, we must be physically fit and healthy so acclimatize at high camp will be required. Our guide will check all the essential equipment required for climbing such as Gears,Ice axes, Ascender etc.
- Day 11Climb High camp (5100m) to Camp I or Advance high Camp (5600m)After spending a full day rest at High Camp, we will continue to trek even higher to Advance high Camp which is approximately around 5,600 meters above the sea level. It will take around 4-5 hours to reach a Advance high camp. Arriving at the advance high camp, our team member will set up the camp and make final preparations for the main summit climb of Kusum Kanguru Peak.
- Day 12Summit Kusum Khangru (6369m) and back to High CampEarly in the morning, We will now continue our final climb to summit Kusum kanguru Peak which we were dreaming for the very first day. slowly and gradually we will climb to the peak and enjoy the magnificent view seen from the peak. Mountain such as Mt Everest, Mt Cho Oyu, Mt Lhotse, Mt Makalu, Mt Nuptse, Mt Thamserku and many other higher peak can be seen from the peak which will be the breathtaking moment for us. Spending some time at the peak we will descend to high camp and overnight in the camp.
- Day 13High Camp to Tashing OngmaHaving our breakfast, we will trek back to Tashing Ongma. The trek passes through the harsh alpine forest. overnight in Tashing Ongma.
- Day 14Spare day at Tashing Ongma.Enjoy full day exploring the view over Tashing Ongma villages and the environment which will give you the refreshment after the successful achievement of the peak.
- Day 15 Trek from Tashing Ongma to Thuli KharkaEarly in the morning, we will trek to Thuli kharka passing the trial through uphill and downhill and the forest with different species of Flora. overnight at Thuli kharka.
- Day 16 Trek from Thuli Kharka to LuklaHaving our breakfast, we will now trek to Lukla enjoying the view seen while our trial. and overnight there in Lukla.
- Day 17Flight from Lukla to Kathmandu As per our flight Schedule, we will fly back to Kathmandu from the Lukla. enjoying the sightseeing view of Kathmandu valley and we will attend the gathering party of the successful achievement of Kusum Kanguru peak.
- Day 18Departure on your own destination.UNO Travels and Adventures team will drove you to the airport for your Departure.
- Full board services during trekking & Base Camp support by our Sherpa crew & porters.
- Tent and teahouse stay in trek
- Conservation permit.
- An experienced licensed holder Guide and required porters
- First Aid kit.
- Transportation by bus, car, or by flight,
- Climbing Equipment
- All needed Government fees
- Service of a Liaison Officer.
- Service of Nepali climbing Sherpas.
- Accommodation in Kathmandu on twin sharing with breakfast.
- Personal climbing equipment
- Your travel insurance.
- Any kind of Bar bills
Kusum Kanguru Peak is a bit challenging peak for the climbers that what all climbers are seeking for. The well being of our groups are of paramount importance to us. All of our trips are led by qualified professional climbing guides and Sherpas who are well trained by our Government. Our job is to ensure your comfort and safety as we take you where you want to go because your holiday is ours. In this regards, we work honestly and effectively to provide you the Himalayan experience that suits your interest. We encourage you to question us freely and contribute in the planning stages of your adventure in the climbing period.