Mera Peak is situated in the Sagarmatha zone in the Solukhumbhu district standing at an altitude of 6,476m. The highest of the trekking Peaks at the range of 6,000 to 6,500 meters, forms a heavily glaciated mass between the Hinku and Hongu valleys, east of Lukla and south of Everest. First climbed by Jimmy Roberts and Sen Tenzing, in 1953. In the last few years, it was one of the most frequently climbed mountains on the list. Its popularity is undoubtedly due to both its altitude and technical simplicity.
As there are no lodges in either Hinku or Hongu valleys, trekkers need to be self-contained which makes it even more attractive to those in search of mountaineering adventure.
Mera Peak is quickest approach is the Zatrawa La, east of Lukla. Groups approaching from Jiri can reach the mountain from the south via the Hindu Drangka and Pangkongma. The normal route of ascent is via Mera La north of the mountain and the wide, gently sloping glaciers that fall from the summit.
Destination: Mera Peak Climb
Location: Everest Region
Group Size: Max. 10 person
Maximum altitude: 6476m
Grade: Climbing Peak
Season: Spring & Autumn
AccommodationHotel Lodge & Camping
Duration: 19 Days
- Day 01:Arrive at Kathmandu airport.
- Day 02:Sightseeing in Kathmandu.
- Day 03: Fly to Lukla Airport(2840m) from Kathmandu Airport(0:35 hours)
- Day 04:Trek to Chuthanga(3450 m)- 4 hrs.
- Day 05:Trek to kharka Teng(3900 m) crossing Zatrwa La Pass(4600)-7 to 8 hrs.
- Day 06:Trek to Kothe(4090 m)-5 hrs.
- Day 07:Trek to Thangnak(4350m)- 4hrs.
- Day 08:Rest days for acclimatization at Thangnak
- Day 09:Trek to Khahare(5405 m)-3 hrs.
- Day 10:Rest days for acclimatization at Khahare
- Day 11:Trek to Mera High Camp(5300 m)- 5 hrs.
- Day 12:Summit to Mera Peak(6476m ) from Mera Peak High Camp
- Day 13:Trek back to Thangnak from High camp.(7-8 hrs trek)
- Day 14:Trek back to Kothe
- Day 15:Trek to Thuli kharka.
- Day 16:Trek Thuli kharka to Lukla.
- Day 17:Fly to Kathmandu From Lukla.
- Day 18:Rest day in Kathmandu
- Day 19:Departure for your Home country.
- Day 1Arrive at Kathmandu airport. Our team will pick you up from the airport. Participate in the welcome dinner party organized by UNO Travels and Adventures.
- Day 2Sightseeing in Kathmandu.Having our breakfast in the morning, we will move towards the Kathmandu valley for exploring the view of world Heritage sites such as Durbar Square, Pashupati Temple, Swayambhu, and Bouddha. Returning back to the hotel we will now prepare the necessary equipment for the trials.
- Day 3 Fly to Lukla Airport(2840m) from Kathmandu Airport(0:35 hours)As per our flight schedule, we will fly to Lukla. We will explore some of the places in Lukla and will overnight there.
- Day 4Trek to Chuthanga(3450 m)- 4 hrs.Early in the morning, we will trek to chuthanga through pine and Rhododendron forests. We will overnight in Chuthanga.
- Day 5Trek to kharka Teng(3900 m) crossing Zatrwa La Pass(4600)-7 to 8 hrs.After having our breakfast, we will descend our trek to Kharka teng crossing through Zatrwa La trek for 6 to 8 hrs. Overnight in Kharka Teng.
- Day 6Trek to Kothe(4090 m)-5 hrs.After having our breakfast, we will trek to Kothe through Thuli kharka and the beautiful Hinku Valley. Overnight in Kothe.
- Day 7Trek to Thangnak(4350m)- 4hrs.Early in the morning, we will trek to Thangnak. The trails go up to beautiful Hinku Valley and the alpine forests. Overnight in Thangnak.
- Day 8Rest days for acclimatization at ThangnakThe day will be the acclimatization day at Thangnak. We can also hike to Sabal Tsho Lake and explore the places. Overnight in Thangnak.
- Day 9Trek to Khahare(5405 m)-3 hrs.After having our breakfast, we will trek to khahare. We can have astonishing views of Kyashar, Mera, and Kusum Kangru peaks. Overnight at Khahare.
- Day 10Rest days for acclimatization at KhahareThe day will be the acclimatization Day in Khahare. We will explore some of the places in Khahare and prepare for further climbing periods.
- Day 11Trek to Mera High Camp(5300 m)- 5 hrs.Early in the morning, We will trek to Mera high camp. We will follow the guideline given by our guide. After arriving at Camp, our team will set up the Camp and overnight in Camp.
- Day 12Summit to Mera Peak(6476m ) from Mera Peak High CampEarly in the morning around 2 am, we will head to Mera peak so that we could reach earlier at the top of the peak and return back to the base camp. Enjoy some of the moments at the top of the peak and descend down to High camp.
- Day 13Trek back to Thangnak from High camp.(7-8 hrs trek)After having our breakfast, we will trek back to Thangnak following the same route while we trek before heading to the peak. Overnight in Thangnak.
- Day 14Trek back to KotheEarly in the morning, we will trek to Kothe. Overnight in Kothe.
- Day 15Trek to Thuli kharka.After having our breakfast, we will trek to Thuli kharka. Overnight in Thuli Kharka.
- Day 16Trek Thuli kharka to Lukla.We will trek to Lukla and explore the places near Lukla. Overnight in Lukla.
- Day 17Fly to Kathmandu From Lukla.As per our flight schedule, we will fly to Kathmandu. After arriving in Kathmandu we will spend some time in visiting around Thamel market.
- Day 18Rest day in Kathmandu
- Day 19Departure for your Home country.
- Full board services during trekking & Base Camp support by our Sherpa crew & porters.
- Return flight to Lukla
- Permit & park fees
- Service of a Liaison Officer.
- Service of Nepali climbing Sherpas.
- Accommodation in Kathmandu on twin sharing with breakfast.
- Half-day guided tour with entrance fees.
- Airport transfers
- High altitude equipment & clothing & insurance for staff
- Client’s travel insurance
- International flight, airport tax
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu
- Personal gear & clothing. Tips, any expenses of personal nature.
Mera Peak climbing is safety and the well-being of our groups is of paramount importance to us. All of our trips are led by qualified professional climbing guides and Sherpas who are well-trained by our Government. Our job is to ensure your comfort and safety as we take you where you want to go because your holiday is ours. In this regard, we work honestly and effectively to provide you with the Himalayan experience that suits your interest. We encourage you to question us freely and contribute to the planning stages of your adventure in the trekking period.