It is the tallest mountain among this range of 7,000 to 8,000 with the height of 7952mm lies in the Mahalangur Himal section of the himalayas, The mountain was first climbed on April 10, 1964 by Y. Kato, K. Sakaizawa and Pasang Phutar, and on the next day by K. Machida and K. Yasuhisa. It stands in between two high peak Cho Oyu(8201m) and the worls's highest peak at Mt. Everest, Sagarmatha in another side with height of 8848m. As the fifteenth highest peak in the world it hasn't been explored in compare to other peak lower than eight thousand, which are only about 100m(328ft.) higher.
Destination: Mount Gyachung Kang
Group Size: Max. 10 person
Maximum altitude: 7952 m
Grade: Mountaineering Expedition
Season : Spring
Accommodation : Hotel and Camping
Duration : 48 Days
- Day 01:Arrive in Kathmandu
- Day 02:Preparation day for Gyachung Kang climbing
- Day 03:Fly to Lukla (2840 m) and trek to phakding(2640 m).
- Day 04:Trek to Namche Bazaar(3440 m).
- Day 05:Trek to Khumjung(3790 m).
- Day 06:Acclimazation Day in khumjung
- Day 07:Trek to Dole(4200 m).
- Day 08:Trek to Macchermo(4410m) .
- Day 09:Trek to Gokyo Lake (4750 m).
- Day 10:Gokyo, Acclimazation day
- Day 11:Trek to Ngozumba Tso(5000 m).
- Day 12: Trek to Gyachung Kang Base Camp(5350 m).
- Day 13:(13-41 Day) Climbing period
- Day 42:Cleaning program of Base camp
- Day 43:Trek to Gokyo lake
- Day 44:Trek to Macchermo
- Day 45:Trek to Khumjung
- Day 46:Trek to Namche Bazaar
- Day 47:Trek back to Lukla and fly back to kathmandu
- Day 48:Leisure day in kathmandu and your departure.
- Day 1Arrive in KathmanduAfter arriving in Kathmandu, transfer to your hotel and full day sightseeing view of Kathmandu by our guide.
- Day 2Preparation day for Gyachung Kang climbingWe will visit The Department of Ministry of Tourism for the expedition rules and regulation and orientation briefing class for Climbing.
- Day 3Fly to Lukla (2840 m) and trek to phakding(2640 m). Fly to lukla airport from Tribhuwan airport and explore the view seen from lukla village. After having some refreshment we will start trekking to Phakding. Overnight there in Phakding.
- Day 4Trek to Namche Bazaar(3440 m). After having breakfast trek to namche bazaar and overnight there.
- Day 5Trek to Khumjung(3790 m).After having Breakfast in early morning , we will continue our journey to khumjung village where you can analyze the beautiful view of Mountain.
- Day 6Acclimazation Day in khumjungAcclimatize the day in khumjung and prepare for next trek.
- Day 7Trek to Dole(4200 m).We can see the trekking route full of flowers, beautiful woods, the views of Khumbila and Twachee. Overnight in Dole.
- Day 8Trek to Macchermo(4410m) .The trails continue to climb along the side of the valley, high above the river, crossing sandy spurs to Machhermo. Overnight in Macchermo.
- Day 9Trek to Gokyo Lake (4750 m).The place Gokyo valley has a miraculous surrounding where you can feel an immense sense of success reaching the highest village. Overnight there in Gokyo vilage.
- Day 10Gokyo, Acclimazation dayThe will be the acclimatization day in Gokyo. We will prepare the equipment for the next day and exploring the rest day in Gokyo.
- Day 11Trek to Ngozumba Tso(5000 m).Trek from Gokyo to Ngozumba having 5-6 hrs of walk. overnight in Ngozumba Tso.
- Day 12 Trek to Gyachung Kang Base Camp(5350 m).After arriving Gyachung Kang base camp, our team will help to maintain the Base camp and overnight in camp.
- Day 13(13-41 Day) Climbing periodOur expedition team will control the daily routine of the expedition about establishing the camp in different level of altitude required for the rest. At the top of the Gyachung kang peak, we will spend some time exploring the view and trek back to the camp.
- Day 42Cleaning program of Base campBeing a responsible person , we do care about protecting the environment. so we do some trash collection program during our returning period.
- Day 43Trek to Gokyo lake
- Day 44Trek to Macchermo
- Day 45Trek to Khumjung
- Day 46Trek to Namche Bazaar
- Day 47Trek back to Lukla and fly back to kathmanduTransfer back to your hotel and participate the dinner plan organized by our company.
- Day 48Leisure day in kathmandu and your departure.
- Applicable only for Expedition through Southern Route
- Flight to Lukla Airport from Katmandu, & back after an expedition.
- Porters/Yaks to carry equipment and food all the way to BC & back.
- Full board accommodation en-route to/from Base camp.
- One head Climbing guide/Sardar.
- Cook & kitchen boys at BC.
- Experienced & skillful High Altitude Climbing Sherpa (One Sherpa for two Client)
- POISK Oxygen (08 bottles per client & 06 per Sherpa).
- Mask & regulator mask set (must be returned after the Expedition).
- Highly preferable meals at BC with complete hot drink & normal beverages.
- Exported High altitude food for higher camps (ready to eat food).
- Best quality Tents at BC single or twin sharing as per the client desire.
- All necessary kitchen equipment.
- Best quality Dining tent with enough no of table & chairs, plus inside the tent, we
- will set Gas Heaters to make the Dinning hall enough warm.
- Complete carpeting inside the dining tent.
- Comfortable & portable wooden toilet at the base camp.
- A nice portable wooden shower room with hot water at the base camp.
- High-quality high altitude tents for above BC use.
- Necessary climbing hardware gears with fixed ropes.
- Enough EPI (high altitude) gases with burners for higher camps use.
- Oxygen with the regulator set for medical purpose.
- Radio walkie-talkie set to each client with base station & permits cost.
- Satellite phone for an emergency purpose ($ 4 chargeable for a personal call).
- Generator/solar panel with accessories for recharging & power supply purpose.
- Gammon bag for medical purpose.
- Insurance of all local team members.
- All airport/hotel transfers.
- Day tour program around KTM.
- Celebration meal & pre-briefing.
- Expedition blessing Puja arrangement at Katmandu and Base camp.
- Last but most important COMPLETE SETUP INTERM/MIDDLE CAMP with Sleeping bags,
- sleeping mattress, food & drinking stuff & cooking crew.
- Service of Local Climbing Sherpas
- Pumori Permit including Liaison Officer
- Kathmandu Accommodation
- Return airfare to Lukla
- Expedition cargo charge
- Fully catered trek to Base Camp and back
- Full supported acclimatization climb of Lobuche peak
- Base Camp food
- Personal insurance (Suggested to have evacuation policy as well)
- Nepal visa
- Major meals in Kathmandu.
- Personal climbing gears.
- Personal nature’s expenses.
- Cost of emergency evacuation
The well being of our groups are of paramount importance to us. All of our trips are led by qualified professional Expedition guides and Sherpas who are well trained by our Government. Our job is to ensure your comfort and safety as we take you where you want to go because your holiday is ours. In this regards, we work honestly and effectively to provide you the Himalayan experience that suits your interest. We encourage you to question us freely and contribute in the planning stages of your adventure in the expedition period.