Mt. Lhotse Himalayas is fourth highest peak in the world with the height of 8516m(27,940ft), had no own identity due to its dominating neighbour Mt. Everest. Even its name was mean South Peak implies it is not a mountain in its own right. Once Nepal opened its borders the error became all too clear – from the south Lhotse forms a massive mountain wall.
Until 1953 there was not any attempt, Byhrenfurth had identified a route to the summit from the South Col. European and American assaults did not make much impact until 1956, thann a well planned swiss expedition establisged base camp below the Khambu icefall. Poor weather hampered progress but on 18the May Swiss climbers, Ernest Reiss and Tritz Luchsinger reached the summit of world’s fourth highest peak.
Mt. Lhotse expedition is the daunting south face of Lhotse is ranked as ‘amongst the most difficult in the world’. The most recent star in the firmament of Himalayan climbing, Tomo Cesen from former Yugoslavia, confounded his peers by climbing this massive wall solo in April 1990. The 30-year-old sports journalist not only climbed without fixed camps or bottled oxygen but entirely alone, with very little fixed rope and in the amazing totals elapsed time of 45 hours and 20 minutes from the bottom of the face to the summit.
Destination: Mt. Lhotse Expedition
Group Size: Max. 10 person
Maximum altitude: 8516 m.
Grade: Mountaineering Expedition
Season Spring & Autumn
Accommodation: Hotel and Camping
Duration: 49 Days
- Day 01:Arrive at Kathmandu airport
- Day 02:Sightseeing Tour in Kathmandu City
- Day 03:Fly to Lukla Airport(2840m) from Kathmandu Airport(0:35 hours) and trek to Phakding(2610m/3:00 hours)
- Day 04:Trek to Namche Bazaar (3440m)
- Day 05:Rest day for Acclimatization and explore Sherpa museum and monastery
- Day 06:Trek to Tengboche(3860m)
- Day 07:Trek to Dingboche(4410m)
- Day 08:Rest day for Acclimatization and explore of monastery
- Day 09:Trek to Lobuje(4910m)
- Day 10:Rest Days for acclimatization at lobuche
- Day 11:Trek to Gorak Shep (5153m)
- Day 12:Trek to Everest Base Camp (5363m)
- Day 13:13-42 Summit periods (Mt. Lhotse Expedition)
- Day 43:Trek to Dingboche(4360m)
- Day 44:Trek to Tengboche(3860m)
- Day 45:Trek to Namche Bazaar(3440m)
- Day 46:Trek to Lukla(2840m)
- Day 47:Fly to Kathmandu from Lukla Airport
- Day 48:Sightseeing Tour in Kathmandu Valley
- Day 49:UNO Travels and Adventures drop in International Airport for Home Country
- Day 1Arrive at Kathmandu airport
- Day 2Sightseeing Tour in Kathmandu City
- Day 3Fly to Lukla Airport(2840m) from Kathmandu Airport(0:35 hours) and trek to Phakding(2610m/3:00 hours)
- Day 4Trek to Namche Bazaar (3440m)
- Day 5Rest day for Acclimatization and explore Sherpa museum and monastery
- Day 6Trek to Tengboche(3860m)
- Day 7Trek to Dingboche(4410m)
- Day 8Rest day for Acclimatization and explore of monastery
- Day 9Trek to Lobuje(4910m)
- Day 10Rest Days for acclimatization at lobuche
- Day 11Trek to Gorak Shep (5153m)
- Day 12Trek to Everest Base Camp (5363m)
- Day 1313-42 Summit periods (Mt. Lhotse Expedition)
- Day 43Trek to Dingboche(4360m)
- Day 44Trek to Tengboche(3860m)
- Day 45Trek to Namche Bazaar(3440m)
- Day 46Trek to Lukla(2840m)
- Day 47Fly to Kathmandu from Lukla Airport
- Day 48Sightseeing Tour in Kathmandu Valley
- Day 49UNO Travels and Adventures drop in International Airport for Home Country
- Applicable only for Expedition thru Southern Route
- Flight to Lukla Airport from Katmandu, & back after an expedition.
- Porters/Yaks to carry equipment and food all the way to BC & back.
- Full board accommodation en-route to/from Base camp.
- One head Climbing guide/Sardar.
- Cook & kitchen boys at BC.
- Experienced & skillful High Altitude Climbing Sherpa (One Sherpa for two Client)
- POISK Oxygen (08 bottles per client & 06 per Sherpa).
- Mask & regulator mask set (must be returned after the Expedition).
- Highly preferable meals at BC with complete hot drink & normal beverages.
- Exported High altitude food for higher camps (ready to eat food).
- Best quality Tents at BC single or twin sharing as per the client desire.
- All necessary kitchen equipment.
- Best quality Dining tent with enough no of table & chairs, plus inside the tent, we
- will set Gas Heaters to make the Dinning hall enough warm.
- Complete carpeting inside the dining tent.
- Comfortable & portable wooden toilet at the base camp.
- A nice portable wooden shower room with hot water at the base camp.
- High-quality high altitude tents for above BC use.
- Necessary climbing hardware gears with fixed ropes.
- Enough EPI (high altitude) gases with burners for higher camps use.
- Oxygen with the regulator set for medical purpose.
- Radio walkie-talkie set to each client with base station & permits cost.
- Satellite phone for an emergency purpose ($ 4 chargeable a personal call).
- Generator/solar panel with accessories for recharging & power supply purpose.
- Gammon bag for medical purpose.
- Insurance of all local team members.
- All airport/hotel transfers.
- Day tour program around KTM.
- Celebration meal & pre-briefing.
- Expedition blessing Puja arrangement at Katmandu and Base camp.
- Last but most important COMPLETE SETUP INTERM/MIDDLE CAMP with Sleeping bags,
- sleeping mattress, food & drinking stuff & cooking crew.
- Service of Local Climbing Sherpas
- Pumori Permit including Liaison Officer
- Kathmandu Accommodation
- Return airfare to Lukla
- Expedition cargo charge
- Fully catered trek to Base Camp and back
- Full supported acclimatization climb of Lobuche peak
- Base Camp food
- Personal insurance (Suggested to have evacuation policy as well)
- Nepal visa
- Major meals in Kathmandu.
- Personal climbing gears.
- Personal nature’s expenses.
- Cost of emergency evacuation
Mt. Lhotse Expedition is safety and the well being of our groups are of paramount importance to us. All of our trips are led by qualified professional Expedition guides and Sherpas who are well trained by our Government. Our job is to ensure your comfort and safety as we take you where you want to go because your holiday is ours. In this regards, we work honestly and effectively to provide you the Himalayan experience that suits your interest. We encourage you to question us freely and contribute in the planning stages of your adventure in the climbing period.