Dhampus peak climbing also known as the Thapa peak is now become one of the peak climbing expedition in Nepal. The peak lies in between the great Annapurna and Dhaulagiri massif. The elevation of this peak is 6012 meter from the sea level. The peak is situated in the north-east side of Dhaulagiri and the North-west side of Pokhara city. The route of Kaligandaki river is the main trail of Dhampus peak climbing. But this trek can also be done through short route via jomsom and the Dhaulagiri circuit trek. If you are seeking for exploring the natural beauty of Nepal in Himalayan and hilly region, then Dhaulagiri circuit trek is the best route trek which goes through the prepossessing natural environment.
The less beaten trail of the Dhaulagiri circuit trek is easy and less technical challenging than other peaks. And you have also got chance to explore the concealed view of over thirty different peaks in between the Annapurna and Dhaulagiri Range. During this trip, we will cross the two adventurous snow-covered passes i.e French pass at 5360 m and Dhampus pass at 5240 m. the trip not only gives you the taste of natural beauty but also the wider varieties of culture and tradition of the people living in the villages of this region.
Destination: Dhampus peak Expedition
Location: Annapurna and Dhaulagiri Ranges.
Group Size: Max. 10 person
Maximum altitude: 6012 m
Grade: Climbing Peak
Season : Spring & Autumn
Accommodation: Hotel Lodge & Camping
Duration: 17 days
- Day 01:Arrive in Kathmandu
- Day 02:Drive to pokhara( 1400 m Altitude)
- Day 03:Drive to Beni and trek to Tatopani(3210 m)
- Day 04:Trek Tatopani to Ghasa(2110 m)
- Day 05: Trek Ghasa to tukuche(2590 m)
- Day 06:Ascent from tukuche to first camp(3500 m)
- Day 07:Trek to second camp (4900 m)
- Day 08:Acclimatization day
- Day 09:Trek Dhampus base camp(5150 m)
- Day 10:Climb Dhampus to high camp(5900 m)
- Day 11:Summit Dhampus peak(6012 m)
- Day 12:Descend to second base camp(4900 m)
- Day 13:Descend to tukuche(3500 m)
- Day 14:Tukuche to jomsom
- Day 15:Jomsom to Pokhara
- Day 16:Drive Pokhara to kathmandu
- Day 17:International departure for your home country
- Day 1Arrive in KathmanduOur team will pick you up from the Tribhuwan International airpot and will offer you a warm welcome. and will drive to your hotel.
- Day 2Drive to pokhara( 1400 m Altitude)Early in the morning, we will drive to the pokhara. it normally takes 6 hrs by bus. enjoy the view of pokhara and overnight in hotels.
- Day 3Drive to Beni and trek to Tatopani(3210 m)Having our breakfast, we will drive to Beni which takes about 3 hrs and rest some minutes in Beni and start trekking to Tatopani. we can either drive by the vechicle which takes 2 hrs from Beni. there is natural Hot Spring at Tatopani where we can relax and have a great time. It is believed that the natural hot springs have potential to heal body aches and pains.
- Day 4Trek Tatopani to Ghasa(2110 m)Early in the morning, we will start trekking to ghasa from Tatopani. during the trek, we can find the different ethnic groups of people with their different culture and traditions. overnight there in ghasa.
- Day 5 Trek Ghasa to tukuche(2590 m)Having our breakfast, we will again start to trek from ghasa. tukuche is a center of the Thakali people. These residing Thakali people brand the Thakali tradition, especially Thakali food items (Thakali Khana Set and Thakali Khaja Set), which more more trivial all around Nepal. Besides food, other attractions lies on the white plastered, wooden houses, dusty and dry land, and also the unique culture and lifestyle of people. we will be overnght in tukuche.
- Day 6Ascent from tukuche to first camp(3500 m)Early in the morning, we will trek from tukuche. after 6 hrs trek from tukuche, we with our team will set up our first camp and rest of the time we will exploring the view seen from our camp.
- Day 7Trek to second camp (4900 m)Having our breakfast, we will start trekking to our second camp and setting up the second camp in an altitude of 4900 m. we will organize a small function and enjoying the drinks with our team.
- Day 8Acclimatization day Acclimatize the day in camp and prepare for the higher camp with necessary equipment. rest day exploring the view near with us.
- Day 9Trek Dhampus base camp(5150 m)having our breakfast, we will trek to Dhampus base camp. our trails passes through alpine woods and the magnificent view of different mountain and surrounding. and we will set up the camp and relax the rest time.
- Day 10Climb Dhampus to high camp(5900 m)having the breakfast, we will start climbing to the high camp. slowly and carefully we will heading to the high camp and start setting up the camp and prepare for the final checks on our gears for peak summit.
- Day 11Summit Dhampus peak(6012 m)Summiting the peak, the day which we were the very exciting from the begining of our trip now got the time to climb. following the guidance and instruction by our team, there is the breathtaking view of different peaks and the surrounding covered with the snow. spending some time in higher peak, we will descend following the same route and overnight in high camp.
- Day 12Descend to second base camp(4900 m)After successfully climbing the summit, we will descend following the route to the second base camp. trekking for 5 hrs we will overnight in the base camp.
- Day 13Descend to tukuche(3500 m)Having our breakfast we will continue our trek to tukuche and take some rest in lodges. after some refreshment we will explore the view in tukuche.
- Day 14Tukuche to jomsomSpending the good time in tukuche, we will trek to jomsom. jomsom is a tibetan influenced village filled with prayers wheels, chortens and a buddhist monastery. we will be at jomsom for overnight.
- Day 15Jomsom to PokharaEarly in the morning, we will take the flight of pokhara so that we could spend much time in pokhara. we can either drive back by bus. spending some time by sightseeing the beautiful places of pokhara like fewa lake, Tal Barahi we will back to our hotel in pokhara.
- Day 16Drive Pokhara to kathmanduhaving our breakfast , we will drive back to Kathmandu and transfer to our hotels and spending the time in walking around durbar square or busy shopping street of thamel for buying some memories of Nepal and attend the gathering party organized by our team.
- Day 17International departure for your home countryOur team will drove you at the airpot for the departure.
- Full board services during trekking & Base Camp support by our Sherpa crew & porters.
- Climbing permit of Dhampus peak
- Service of a Liaison Officer.
- Service of Nepali climbing Sherpas.
- Accommodation in Kathmandu on twin sharing with breakfast.
- Half day guided tour with entrance fees.
- Airport transfers
- High altitude equipment & clothing & insurance for staff
- Client’s travel insurance
- International flight, airport tax
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu
- Personal gears & clothing. Tips, any expenses of personal nature
- Your personal Insurances.
Dhampus Peak Climbing start a drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara. Dhampus peak is the easiest peak climbing among others and also gives you the experiences of climbing the peak for others higher mountain. Climbers need to be well equipped with all the necessary climbing gears. We will also follow the guidance of our experienced Sherpa guide as we head towards Dhampus Peak summit. In this regards, we work honestly and effectively to provide you the Himalayan experience that suits your interest. We encourage you to question us freely and contribute in the planning stages of your adventure in the trekking period.