Gokyo Valley trekking is a high mountain valley called Gokyo and welcomed by a string of cobalt blue lakes that continue for the 3-hour hike to Gokyo Village, which sits at the foot of Gokyo Ri (5483m) a huge black mound of rock and dirt. The next morning, you're invited to take the 3-hour hike to the summit of this black, rocky mound to witness the 360-degree Himalayan view offered only from this vantage point in the trek.
The Himalayas stand like giants guarding the border with Tibet. From Gokyo Ri, you'll see much more including Cho Oyu (8201m), Mt Everest (8848m), Lhotse (8516m), Nuptse (7861m), and Makalu (8463m). Moreover on the trail, one can have a terrific view of Thamserku (6623m), Amadablam (6812m), Khumbila (5761m), Kongde Ri (6187m), Pumori (7161m) Mount Everest there are magnificent views of many of the other 8000-meter peaks from here as well in this trek and explore the traditional Sherpa culture and intact with Tibetan society is another prime attraction of this trek. Gokyo Valley Trekking is a trail clinging to both sides of the steep Doodh Koshi gorge, joining at the toe of the Ngozump, Glacier, the largest in the Nepal Himalaya, and continuing up its lateral moraine past half-frozen lakes to a cluster of lodges at Gokyo. The entire Gokyo Valley is sparsely populated; sheltering only summer yak herder settlements shared by Trekker lodges and is usually less herded than the Everest base camp trekking.
Trekking Destination: Gokyo Valley Trekking
Group Size: Min. 2 & Max
Minimum altitude: 2610m
Maximum altitude: 5483m
Grade: Moderate and Fairly Strenuous
Season: Spring & Autumn
Accommodation: Hotel and Lodge
Duration: 16 Days
- Day 01:Arrive at Kathmandu airport and participate in welcome dinner party organized by UNO Travels and Adventures.
- Day 02:Sightseeing Tour in Kathmandu City
- Day 03:Fly Kathmandu to Lukla Airport (2840m) (35hurs) and trek Lukla to Phakding (2610m) (3:30hrs)
- Day 04:Trek Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3440m) (5:30hrs)
- Day 05:Rest day for acclimatization day and explore of Sherpa museum and Monastery
- Day 06:Trek Namche Bazaar to Tengboche (3860m) (5hrs)
- Day 07:Trek Tengboche to Phorche (5hrs)
- Day 08:Trek Phorche to Nala (6hrs)
- Day 09:Trek Nala to Gokyo Lakes (4,750m) (5hrs)
- Day 10:Hiking up to Gokyo Ri (5483m) from Gokyo Lake and trek down to Gokyo lakes(4:30hrs)
- Day 11:Trek Gokyo Lake down to Dole (4210m) (5:30hrs)
- Day 12:Trek Dole to Namche Bazaar (3440m) (5hrs)
- Day 13:Trek Namche Bazaar to Lukla (2804m) (6:30hrs)
- Day 14:Fly Lukla to Kathmandu (35min)
- Day 15:Sightseeing Tour in Kathmandu Valley.
- Day 16:UNO Travels and Adventures drop in International Airport for Home Country.
- Day 1Arrive at Kathmandu airport and participate in welcome dinner party organized by UNO Travels and Adventures.
- Day 2Sightseeing Tour in Kathmandu City
- Day 3Fly Kathmandu to Lukla Airport (2840m) (35hurs) and trek Lukla to Phakding (2610m) (3:30hrs)
- Day 4Trek Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3440m) (5:30hrs)
- Day 5Rest day for acclimatization day and explore of Sherpa museum and Monastery
- Day 6Trek Namche Bazaar to Tengboche (3860m) (5hrs)
- Day 7Trek Tengboche to Phorche (5hrs)
- Day 8Trek Phorche to Nala (6hrs)
- Day 9Trek Nala to Gokyo Lakes (4,750m) (5hrs)
- Day 10Hiking up to Gokyo Ri (5483m) from Gokyo Lake and trek down to Gokyo lakes(4:30hrs)
- Day 11Trek Gokyo Lake down to Dole (4210m) (5:30hrs)
- Day 12Trek Dole to Namche Bazaar (3440m) (5hrs)
- Day 13Trek Namche Bazaar to Lukla (2804m) (6:30hrs)
- Day 14Fly Lukla to Kathmandu (35min)
- Day 15Sightseeing Tour in Kathmandu Valley.
- Day 16UNO Travels and Adventures drop in International Airport for Home Country.
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private Vehicle.
- Four nights of standard accommodation in star level hotel in Kathmandu.
- Meals on full board (Breakfast, lunch, and dinner) in trekking
- All accommodations during the trek.
- Everest Trekking map.
- Both ways Airfare from Kathmandu to Lukla and the same way come back.
- An experienced Government licensed holder guide and porter to carry your luggage during the trek.
- Food, drinks, accommodation, insurance, salary, equipment, transportation, and local taxes.
- Group medical supplies (first aid kits)
- All necessary paper works and national park entry permits.
- Meals whilst in Kathmandu allow US$ 10 - US$ 12 per day.
- Your Travel insurance.
- International airfare.
- Nepal entry visa (You can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Nepal’s Airport in Kathmandu).
- All kinds of drinks (Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks)
- Personal shopping and laundry etc.
- Personal trekking Equipment.
- UNO Travels and Adventure's sleeping bag, down jackets, Duffle bag, and walking stick, if necessary.
- Tips for trekking staff and drivers.
Gokyo Valley trekking is safe and the well-being of our groups is of paramount importance to us. All of our trips are led by qualified professional guides who are well-trained by Nepal Government. Our responsibility is to ensure your comfort and safety as we take your holiday. In this regard, we work honestly and effectively to provide you with the Himalayan experience that suits your interest. We encourage you to question us freely and contribute to the planning stages of your adventure in the trekking period.