Langtang Ganja La Pass trekking starts from the picturesque hill town of Syabru Besi following the Langtang River through the thick rhododendron and conifer forest of the fresh and clean Langtang National Park. Our route then leads up to the high alpine meadow, glaciers, and around Kyangjiin Gompa. Kyangjin Gompa is a small monastery, that allows us to visit a nearby cheese factory started in 1955 by the Swiss Government and views the peaks of Naya Kang (5,844m) and Ponggen Dooku (5,930m). Kyangjin Gompa is enclosed by Mt Langtang Lirung (7227m) on the west, Yala peak (5520m) on the north, Dorje Lakpa (6966m), Urkeinmang (6387m), Lorenzo Gang (6979m) and Kangchenpo on the northeast. Langtang Ganja La Pass trekking is spent much of the time above 3,000m (10,000ft).
The highest point of this trekking is Ganja La Pass at an elevation of 5122m. Crossing the Ganja La Pass the last few 100m trails is precarious and requires the good use of technical climbing equipment with utmost care and the experience of the guide comes in handy. The descent from the pass on a steep slope for over 1 km also requires some professional assistance. After the successful crossover of Ganja La Pass, we head southwest, descending past Gekye Gompa to reach Tarke Ghyang to enter the Helambu valley and follow the trail to Melamchi Pool Bazaar or Talamarang to catch the bus back to Kathmandu.
Trekking Destination: Langtang Ganja La Pass Trekking
Group Size: Min. 2 & Max
Minimum altitude: 846m
Maximum altitude: 5106m
Grade: Moderate and Fairly Strenuous
Season: Spring & Autumn
Accommodation: Lodge Services
Duration: 16 Days
Meals: Breakfast/ Lunch/Dinner
- Day 01:Arrive at Kathmandu.
- Day 02:Sightseeing Tour in Kathmandu City
- Day 03:Drive Kathmadu to Syabru Besi (2118m) -7hrs
- Day 04:Trek Syabru Besi to Lama Hotel (2650m) -6hrs
- Day 05:Trek Lama Hotel to Langtang village (3430m) via Ghore Tabela -6hrs
- Day 06:Trek Langtang Village to Kyangjin Gompa (3870m) -3hrs
- Day 07:Rest day for acclimatization in Kyangjin Gompa.
- Day 08:Trek Kyangjin Gompa to Climb up Tserko Ri (5033m) and trek back to Kyangjin -5hrs
- Day 09:Trek Kyangjin Gompa to Ngegang (4000m) -5hrs
- Day 10:Trek Ngegang to Keldang (5106m) via Ganja La Pass (5100m) -5hrs
- Day 11:Trek Keldang to Dukpu (4080m) -6 hrs
- Day 12:Trek Dokpu to Tarke Ghyang (2740m) (Trail descends about 200m and climb the 4100m pass)
- Day 13:Trek Tarke Gyang to Shermathang (2621m) -4hrs
- Day 14:Trek Shermathang to Melamchi Pool Bazaar (846m) -2hrs
- Day 15:Drive Melamchi Pool Bazaar to Kathmandu -6hrs
- Day 16:UNO Travels and Adventures drop in International Airport for Home Country.
- Day 1Arrive at Kathmandu.Our team will pick you up from the Tribhuwan International airport and will offer you a warm welcome. And will drive to your hotel.
- Day 2Sightseeing Tour in Kathmandu City Having our breakfast in the morning, we will move towards the Kathmandu valley for exploring the view of world Heritage sites such as Durbar Square, Pashupati Temple, Swayambhu, and Bouddha. Returning back to the hotel we will now prepare the necessary equipment for the trails.
- Day 3Drive Kathmadu to Syabru Besi (2118m) -7hrsEarly in the morning, we will drive to Syabru Besi to enjoy the northwest hills from Kathmandu valley. After arriving at Dhunche, we will now descend our trails to Syabru Besi.
- Day 4Trek Syabru Besi to Lama Hotel (2650m) -6hrsAfter having our breakfast, we will start trekking from Syabru Besi to Lama Hotel which will our first trekking route. The trek of 6 hrs will be amazing passing through the alpine forests, and suspension bridges. We will overnight in Lama Hotels.
- Day 5Trek Lama Hotel to Langtang village (3430m) via Ghore Tabela -6hrsEarly in the morning, we will start trekking to Langtang village via Ghore tabela. The trail passes by the dense beautiful forests and the beautiful Langtang lirung peak. We will overnight in Langtang villages.
- Day 6Trek Langtang Village to Kyangjin Gompa (3870m) -3hrsAfter having our breakfast, we will start trekking to Kyangjin Gompa. We can see the inscriptions carved stone in different places and the Mani stones. We will overnight in Kyangjin Gompa.
- Day 7Rest day for acclimatization in Kyangjin Gompa.The full day will be the acclimatization day in Kyangjin Gompa. We will explore for some time in Kyangjin Gompa villages and we will hike up to the Langtang Glaciers.
- Day 8Trek Kyangjin Gompa to Climb up Tserko Ri (5033m) and trek back to Kyangjin -5hrsAfter having our breakfast, we will trek to Kyangjin Gompa passing the village through pastureland. If we trek early in the morning we can have the morning sunrise view with beautiful mountains. After spending some time in Tserko Ri we will trek back to Kyangjin Gompa.
- Day 9Trek Kyangjin Gompa to Ngegang (4000m) -5hrsEarly in the morning, we will trek to Ngegang passing the Langtang River and the beautiful Rhododendron forest. Trekking for 5 hrs, we will overnight in Ngegang.
- Day 10Trek Ngegang to Keldang (5106m) via Ganja La Pass (5100m) -5hrsFollowing the south route from Ngegang, we will trek to Keldang. The trek to keldang is a bit strenuous as we will going to pass the Ganja La Pass which is covered by snow throughout the year. so we need to be careful during the trials. After arriving at Keldang, we will overnight there in Camp.
- Day 11Trek Keldang to Dukpu (4080m) -6 hrsAfter having Breakfast, we will trek to Dukpu. We can also have a view of different beautiful mountains. We will overnight in Camp at Dukpu.
- Day 12Trek Dokpu to Tarke Ghyang (2740m) (Trail descends about 200m and climb the 4100m pass)After having our breakfast, we will trek to Tarke Ghyang passing by the beautiful mountain ranges such as Langtang Lirung, Tsangbu Ri, Gangchempo, etc. After arriving at Tarke Ghyang, we will visit some of the beautiful monasteries and overnight in the guest house.
- Day 13Trek Tarke Gyang to Shermathang (2621m) -4hrsEarly in the morning, we will trek to Shermathang through the plain land. We can have a view of beautiful Helambu villages and the wide valley between parachin and Gangyul. We will overnight in Shermathang.
- Day 14Trek Shermathang to Melamchi Pool Bazaar (846m) -2hrsAfter having our breakfast, we will descend our trail to Melamchi Bazaar enjoying the view of beautiful villages. We will overnight in Melamchi pool Bazaar.
- Day 15Drive Melamchi Pool Bazaar to Kathmandu -6hrsEarly in the morning, we will drive from Melamchi Pool Bazaar to Kathmandu enjoying the view of bridges, villages, etc.
- Day 16UNO Travels and Adventures drop in International Airport for Home Country.Our team will drive you to the airport for your return home country.
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private Vehicle.
- Four-night standard accommodation in star level hotel in Kathmandu.
- Meals on full board (Breakfast, lunch, and dinner) in trekking
- All accommodations during the trek.
- Langtang Ganja La Pass Trekking map.
- Both ways Drive the Local Bus fare from Kathmandu to Syabru Besi and come back to Melamchi Pool Bazaar Kathmandu.
- An experienced Nepal Government licensed holder guide and porter to carry your luggage during the trek.
- Food, drinks, accommodation, insurance, salary, equipment, transportation, and local taxes.
- Group medical supplies (first aid kits).
- All necessary paper works and national park entry permits.
- Travel & Rescue arrangement.
- All government taxes.
- If you are interested we can provide a video of that route.
- Meals whilst in Kathmandu allow US$ 10 - US$ 12 per day.
- Your Travel insurance.
- International airfare.
- Nepal entry visa (You can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Nepal’s Airport in Kathmandu).
- All kinds of drinks (Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks)
- Personal shopping and laundry etc.
- Personal trekking Equipment.
- UNO Travels and Adventure's sleeping bag, down jackets, Duffle bag, and walking stick, if necessary.
- Tips for trekking staff and drivers.
Langtang Ganja la Pass trekking is safe and the well-being of our groups is of paramount importance to us. All of our trips are led by qualified professional guides who are well-trained by Nepal Government. Our responsibility is to ensure your comfort and safety as we take your holiday. Regard, we work honestly and effectively to provide you with the Himalayan experience that suits your interest. We encourage you to question us freely and contribute to the planning stages of your adventure in the trekking period.