Gokyo - Gokyo Ri to EBC - Kalapathaar trek is one of the best treks in this region with a nice pass over the Cho La. This trek gives the best view of this region and one can get a magnificent view both from Kalapathaar and Gokyo Ri. This is the must-do trekking for the ones with longer time in this region and is more recommended than the direct route to EBC.
Trekking Type: Camping Trek/tea House Trek.
Trekking Grade: Strenuous and Moderate
Maximum Altitude: 5550 m Kalapathaar.
Best Season: October - November & March-May
Duration: 17 Days
- Day 01:Arrive Kathmandu in International Airport
- Day 02:Sightseeing in Kathmandu Valley.
- Day 03:Fly Kathmandu to Lukla (2850m)
- Day 04:Trek to Namche Bazaar (3446m).
- Day 05:Rest day in Namche Bazaar for Acclimatization.
- Day 06: Trek to Machherma (4470m.)
- Day 07:Trek to Gokyo (4790M)
- Day 08:Trek to Thangsnak (4950M.)
- Day 09:Trek to Dzongla (4830M.)
- Day 10:Trek to Gorakshep (5160m.) 6 hours trek.
- Day 11:Hike to Kalapathar (5550m)
- Day 12:DINGBOCHE (4410M.)
- Day 13:TENGBOCHE (3900m).
- Day 14:NAMCHE (3440M.)
- Day 15:LUKLA (2800M.)
- Day 16:Fly back to Kathmandu.
- Day 17:UNO Travels and Adventures drop in International Airport for Home Country.
- Day 1Arrive Kathmandu in International AirportArrive in Kathmandu at International Airport meet and greet with a flower garland and transfer to Hotel, Kathmandu, and evening trip briefing with Welcome dinner.
- Day 2Sightseeing in Kathmandu Valley.After Breakfast at the hotel starts Sightseeing with a private van to Pashupatinath, the most important Hindu temple of Nepal with the sacred burning ghats located on the holy Bagmati river and Boudhanath the biggest Buddhist stupa in South Asia, and Swoyambhunath also known as Monkey Temple. Afternoon checking and arranging trekking gear. Overnight stay at Hotel.
- Day 3Fly Kathmandu to Lukla (2850m)Breakfast at 6 o'clock and after your breakfast transfer to the domestic airport, and fly to Lukla (2850m) for about 30 minutes with enjoying the whole mountain views on the north side of Annapurna to Everest. So that is better to choose the left-side seat on the plane. And meet your porters who will be waiting and about 30 minutes break in the Lodge have a cup of tea, or coffee trek starts with your guide to Phakding (2640m) Overnight This day Descend to Chaurikharka valley from Lukla and straight/flat continue through the Chomlo, Tharokoshi, Ghat zigzag up and down with right side Kushumkhang and opposite Kongde Ridge and Left side Dudh Koshi valley river view. It is the first day very nice Journey and on the way lunch break in Ghat and get to Phakding.
- Day 4Trek to Namche Bazaar (3446m).Overnight. This day trial crosses and re-crosses the Dudhkoshi through the villages of Benkyar, Manjo, and Jorshalle then climbs steeply 600m. To the market town of Namche Enjoy the market there.
- Day 5Rest day in Namche Bazaar for Acclimatization. This day rest for acclimatization and sightseeing around there. First, sightsee Namchebazar and walk uphill to Sagarmatha national park museum on the hill, inside the house and outside this is one of the viewpoints for Khumbu valley and Mt.Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, Thamserku, Kusumkhang, Khangteka, Amadablem, Iceland peak, Touche, Cholache back side Kongde RI, Tenggiritau, Nup Ghoshal, Pacharmo, Tengi Ragitau, Langmocheri, seeing the very nice panoramic view and Sagarmatha national park museum and back to lodge.
- Day 6 Trek to Machherma (4470m.)A gradual ascent through birch woods with fine views of Kangtega and the distant yak pastures of Gyele. Fairly easygoing, high on the West Bank of Dudh Koshi Overnight at Lodge nearby the yak pastures.
- Day 7Trek to Gokyo (4790M)Rougher going up a rocky gulch beside the snout of the great Ngozumbo Glacier eventually is leading to a series of beautiful lakes. Overnight at Lodge.
- Day 8Trek to Thangsnak (4950M.)Explore Gokyo RI –three hours to climb the summit for rewarding views, Makalu, Cho Oyu, MT. Everest, Brunch, and many others are all around mountains. And back to Gokyo and Lunch at the same place and trek starts again to then gank 3 hours. Descend to the second lake below Gokyo, then cross the glacier through a tangle of moraines. Yak pastures at Chhugyuma on the eastern edges of the glacier steep ascent in the afternoon up a deserted valley below the south Cho-la Overnight at 4950m.
- Day 9Trek to Dzongla (4830M.)Boulder fields and a steep but easy snow slope lead in two hours to the summit of the south Cho-la pass (5380m.) a flat glacier plateau with magnificent views to the east and west. Descend the snow-covered glacier to a beautiful glen at Dzonghla.
- Day 10Trek to Gorakshep (5160m.) 6 hours trek.Contour the steep, grassy hillside above the blue Tsola Lake and round a corner into the Khumbu valley, glacier walkabout
- Day 11Hike to Kalapathar (5550m)Early in the morning excursion to Kalapatther (5550m) for magnificent views of the major eastern Himalayan peaks and a day hike to Everest B.C. Return to Gorakshep.
- Day 12DINGBOCHE (4410M.)Back down the moraines and slowly losing altitude, reach Pheriche. And climb over the ridge past Chortens and Mani walls leads to the Chhukung valley and the prosperous village of Dingboche.
- Day 13TENGBOCHE (3900m).Easy walk down the Imja Khola to Pangboche then a short climb to this famous monastery.
- Day 14NAMCHE (3440M.)Down the Dudh Koshi, Phunggu Thyangga, and a climb up to the Shanasha from here slide down to the Namche bazaar and have a look at the Saturday market from early morning to 2 o’clock afternoon.
- Day 15LUKLA (2800M.)Continue down the Dudh Koshi to the mountain airstrip.
- Day 16Fly back to Kathmandu.
- Day 17UNO Travels and Adventures drop in International Airport for Home Country.Today is the last day of your trip to Nepal. Therefore, as per your flight schedule, you will be transferred to the Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu. However, if you are planning to extend your holiday in Nepal, UNO Travel and Adventure will help you to arrange short trips or popular sites exploration as per your choice.
So, when do you plan to complete this amazing journey? Do inform us about your arrival and we shall make the arrangements.
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private Vehicle.
- Four-night standard accommodation in star level hotel in Kathmandu.
- Meals on full board (Breakfast, lunch, and dinner) during trekking.
- All accommodations during the trek.
- Langtang Valley Trekking map.
- Both ways Drive Local Bus fare.
- An experienced Government licensed holder guide and porter to carry your luggage during the trek.
- Food, drinks, accommodation, insurance, salary, equipment, transportation, and local taxes.
- Group medical supplies (first aid kits)
- All necessary paper works and national park entry permits.
- Travel & Rescue arrangement.
- All government taxes.
- If you are interested we can provide a video of that route.
- Meals whilst in Kathmandu allow US$ 10 - US$ 12 per day.
- Your travel insurance.
- International airfare.
- Nepal entry visa (You can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Nepal’s Airport in Kathmandu).
- All kinds of drinks (Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks)
- Personal shopping and laundry etc.
- Personal trekking Equipment.
- UNO Travels and Adventure sleeping bag, down jackets, Duffle bag, and walking stick, if necessary.
- Tips for trekking staff and drivers.
This is not a fixed itinerary, therefore, it can be changed/modified in any way, as per our client's needs and wishes. For more information or a suitable price kindly contact us by simply clicking on the inquiry or book now buttons on this page.